SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Intransa, the global leader of scalable, network-centric IP storage solutions, today announced the appointment of Andy Watson to its key leadership advisory body. The Intransa Advisory Board (IAB) is composed of business and technical thought leaders who lend their proven expertise to further boost Intransaâ€™s market leadership in the video storage marketplace, including video surveillance for physical security, quality assurance and supply chain surveillance, video on demand and the IPTV market.
â€œAndy brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the IAB,â€ said Jeff Whitney, vice-president of marketing at Intransa and chair of the IAB. â€œOur customers, as well as our StorAlliance technology partners will all gain considerably from his leadership and expertise in the strategic technology field as a member of this important body.â€
Watson is co-founder of 7MPS. His breadth of experience includes driving product strategy at Network Appliance where he was CTO of Strategic Technology. In addition his career includes time at Auspex Systems, Data General, Prime Computer and RDS AutoMate. Watson has also served as an advisor to many innovative technology leaders including Gear6, Index Engines, Medicos, Monosphere, Overtone and PowerFile.
The six-member IAB includes leaders in a range of industries including video surveillance, video-on-demand, storage, physical security and other markets. In addition to Watson other IAB members include:
* Jeff Whitney, vice president, marketing, Intransa â€“ As chairman of the IAB, Whitney brings more than twenty years of technology leadership in roles at Fujitsu, Amdahl Corporation, Network Appliance, HAL Computer, MaXXan and Antares Technologies. A member of the ASIS International Physical Security Council Whitney serves as the companyâ€™s representative to several industry bodies including the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) and its Green Storage Initiative, the Security Industry Association (SIA) and The Green Grid.org.
* Dan Dunkel, president, New Era Associates â€“ A well known, physical security expert with a background in technology and networked storage, Dunkel writes a twice monthly column for Todayâ€™s System Integrator, an online publication of Security Magazine and BNP Publishing. He is also co-author of Physical and Logical Security Convergence and is a frequent speaker and presenter at physical security events and forums.
* Bill Keenan, principal consultant, The Keenan Group â€“ Through the Keenan Group Keenan assists clients in developing product strategy for Web 2.0, video-on-demand and post production markets. Keenanâ€™s previous background includes engineering responsibilities for industry leaders Phonogenic Systems Corporation and Apple Computer.
* Liu Xiang, formerly the country manager for Intransa in Greater China - Xiang continues to help guide Intransaâ€™s efforts in Asia, a key marketplace for video storage, IPTV, video surveillance and video-on-demand.
* Ismael Dalgic, director of software engineering, Tandberg Television â€“ A co-founder of Intransa, Dalgic is responsible for the Tandberg Televisionâ€™s IPTV head-end media processing and routing products.
* Lee Zipin, an Intransa fellow and later vice president of engineering - Zipin helped defined next-generation storage architectures. He brings a quarter century of experience in engineering and marketing roles and co-founded LuxN as chief architect and VP of engineering.
â€œIntransa remains committed to providing leading-edge solutions that our customers have come to expect from us,â€ said Whitney. â€œThe Intransa Advisory Board is a key component of maintaining that leadership. Together, the IAB lays a sound foundation for exploring emerging technology trends and delivering next generation products and solutions.â€