MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. and SHENZHEN, China--November 1, 2007--Pixim Inc., a leading provider of image sensors and processors for enterprise security cameras, today announced that their Orca chipset and camera reference designs were awarded the prestigious Silver Excellence Award for technical innovation and market influence at the opening ceremonies of the China Public Security Exhibition (CPSE) Show in Shenzhen, China. Pixim chipsets are the world's first digital image sensor solutions tailored specifically for the video security industry.
"Pixim is honored to be selected for the 2007 CPSE Silver Excellence Award for our technical contribution to the security camera industry by a worldwide panel of professionals and experts," commented John Monti, Pixim vice president of marketing and business development. "In addition to noting the technical achievements of our Orca chipset and camera reference designs, the award also recognizes the widespread market adoption of our chipset that has set the standard for image quality."
Pixim's key innovation is its Digital Pixel System (DPS) ultra-wide dynamic range technology, achieving unprecedented image quality and consistency in all lighting conditions. Cameras powered by Pixim's specialized imaging chipsets can significantly enhance security through the following capabilities:
- Wide dynamic range: Captures highlight and shadow detail
- including backlit faces
- in the same scene at the same time.
- Highest total resolution: Makes it easy to distinguish target image features and details, even in highly variable lighting conditions.
- Superior color rendering: Accurately displays color even in difficult lighting such as indoor/outdoor, glare, and fluorescent lighting.
- No "camera blindness": Eliminates the vertical smear, pixel blooming, and other image artifacts commonly encountered in high-contrast scenes.
- High image compression: Improves image quality with smaller file size
- allowing DVRs to record with higher frame rate or higher resolution, or both, while maintaining the same total recording time.
Pixim's family of chipsets includes the: D1500 chipset for NTSC and PAL CCTV security cameras, D1600 chipset for low cost TCP/IP security cameras and D2500 chipset for full-featured CCTV and TCP/IP security cameras. Pixim has also developed a compact camera reference design around each chipset, allowing camera manufacturers to rapidly implement Pixim's technology and quickly get to market.
About Pixim -- Pixim Inc. has developed imaging technology and products that revolutionize the way video cameras capture and process images. Pixim's patented Digital Pixel System (DPS) silicon and software technology produces superior pictures under a wide variety of lighting conditions. Pixim chipsets are incorporated into more than 100 security camera models that ship to more than 60 countries worldwide. Visit www.pixim.com/cameras for a complete listing of Pixim-based cameras. For general information, visit www.pixim.com or call Pixim's headquarters in Mountain View, CA at (650) 605-1107.
About CPSE -- CPSE Shenzhen (China Public Security Expo, Shenzhen) is the largest and the most authoritative security show in Asia. The number of attendees is expected to exceed 36,000 for the 2007 show. The show will run from November 1 through November 4, 2007 at the Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center.