HID's FlexSmart MIFARE and DESFIRE contactless smart card readers
Photo credit: HID Global
IRVINE, Calif., October 11, 2006 â€“ HID Global, a leading manufacturer in the access control industry, today announced the launch of FlexSmart MIFARE and DESFire Contactless Smart Card Readers. The interoperable, ISO 14443A-compliant family of contactless smart card products provides options for customers looking for either an "out-of-the-box" solution or for those requiring customizable readers. The release of this new open architecture reader line augments HID's market-leading, flexible, open iCLASS product line, clearly asserting the company's commitment to support 13.56 MHz technologies. Taken together, the company's offerings encompass the industry's broadest range of open standard contactless smart card products, available from over 40,000 resellers worldwide.
The flexible, highly secure and stylish contactless smart card reader series features three models: FlexSmart MIFARE HID Format Secure Reader (6075), FlexSmart MIFARE Custom Reader (6076) and FlexSmart DESFire Custom Reader (6077).
FlexSmart MIFARE HID Format Secure Reader:
- Offers complete HID reader security management for customers that want a simple "out-of-the-box" solution.
- Provides the ideal solution for customers that seek MIFARE technology for new installations or for existing HID applications.
- Whether the customer requires HID Sector formats or CSN (card serial number) read capability, the reader is preconfigured for easy installation.
- The reader complies with the requirements of ISO 14443A interoperability standards.
FlexSmart MIFARE Custom Reader:
- Ideal for customers that require a customizable reader for new or existing installations.
- Offers the ultimate choice in interoperability and programmability.
- From entry level access control to secure ID management, the reader is completely configurable for every access control application challenge.
- Open Architecture Design â€“ ISO 14443A compatible for card interoperability.
FlexSmart DESFire Custom Reader:
- Flexible, highly secure and stylish contactless smart card reader is ideal for customers that require a customizable reader for new or existing installations.
- Offering the ultimate choice in interoperability and programmability, the HID FlexSmart DESFire Custom Reader is compatible with the DESFire protocol, which provides a high level of security, fast read transaction speeds and a flexible (dynamic) file structure.
- DESFire provides mutual authentication, Triple DES data encryption and can read up to 28 stored applications per card.
Complementing the FlexSmart Reader family, HID Global provides a wide variety of 13.56 MHz credentials including cards, tags and key fobs. Some credentials also include combination technology, used in upgrading end-users from 125 kHz proximity to the benefits of
MIFARE/DESFire smart card technology. These multiple technology credentials are ideal for companies preparing to transition from proximity technology to the additional speed and applications of 13.56 MHz smart card solutions.
HID's release of this new highly secure contactless smartcard reader series adds to the superior range of 13.56 MHz solutions from "The Trusted Advisor". The entire FlexSmart line includes HID's standard lifetime warranty.