Melville, N.Y. - Verint Systems Inc., a leading provider of analytic software-based solutions for security and business intelligence, today announced the extension of its Nextiva solution with intelligent, professional IP cameras that bring integrated analytics to the network edge. The Nextiva Intelligent IP cameras build on Verintâ€™s deep experience in IP networked video and embedded analytics technology to provide a powerful yet affordable end-to-end IP video security solution.
By analyzing images in real time at the point of capture, government and commercial organizations can take a more proactive approach to security and more effectively determine threat levels and the appropriate response. The Nextiva Intelligent IP cameras reduce the need to send video to centralized servers for analysis, making video analytics practical and effective for every camera across the enterprise.
â€œVerint is committed to providing the most innovative and effective networked video solutions to our customers,â€ said Dan Bodner, President and CEO of Verint Systems Inc. â€œWhile Nextiva is designed to interoperate with a wide array of analog and IP cameras currently available in the market, these new Nextiva Intelligent IP cameras offer unique edge analytics capabilities and deliver enhanced end-to-end integration and reduced total cost of ownership.â€
The Nextiva Intelligent IP cameras reduce the cost to deploy analytics across distributed IP networks by analyzing video at the network edge, dramatically reducing video transport and storage requirements. Pushing analytics to the edge enables Nextiva to capture and analyze higher quality images at the source, reducing time-consuming false alarms and enabling security managers to make more effective use of personnel. Through its seamless integration with Verintâ€™s Nextiva video management platform, the Nextiva Intelligent IP cameras can be dynamically managed from anywhere on the network and enable the intelligent distribution of alarms, alerts and associated video to decision makers wherever they are located. This empowers more effective collaboration and timely response to emergency situations.
Highlights of the new Nextiva Intelligent IP cameras include:
- Optional on-board video analytics
- Seamless integration with the Nextiva video management solution for automatic configuration, continuous monitoring and proactive problem diagnostics and resolution
- 4CIF real time MPEG4 video streaming in progressive or interlaced mode with dual stream support
- Up to 1 GB of optional on-board storage ensures that critical video and alarm data are retained in off-line applications or in the event of network failure
- Designed for color, day-to-night use with servo controlled IR block filter, high-contrast environments (102 dB dynamic range) and a variety of lighting conditions
- Analog output for local camera adjustment
- Mini-dome with unique mounting and triple axis rotation system for superior flexibility in camera installation and adjustment
- Compatible with Verint Nextiva Critical Infrastructure, Transit and Retail and solutions
The Nextiva suite of networked video solutions enable organizations of all sizes, from small and mid-sized enterprises to major government and commercial organizations, to enhance the security of their facilities and infrastructure and the performance of their business operations by networking video across multiple locations and applying advanced content analytics to extract actionable intelligence from live and stored video. By alerting security personnel to potential security threats, Nextiva helps organizations prevent security breaches, improve response time and enhance operational efficiency.
Verint Systems Inc. is online at www.verint.com.