The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) awarded Vancouver-based Cantronic Systems Inc. (www.cantronic.com) a long-term contract under Schedule 84 to supply active and passive infrared security systems and equipment to law enforcement, military and other government agencies. Cantronic Systems manufactures infrared thermal imaging and active infrared CCTV night vision camera systems.
Under the terms of the contract, federal agencies, executive agencies and international organizations can procure security products directly from Cantronic Systems because of its status as a GSA source of supply and services. These agencies and organizations can procure products directly from Cantronic Systems using the GSA AdvantageÂ® online shopping and ordering system.
Cantronic's niche is ultra long-range active and passive infrared systems and products. Its complete line of ultra long-range active infrared cameras, illuminators and systems includes the:
- Ultra Long-Range ThermalRanger 2000 seriesâ€”Thermal-seeking, passive infrared cameras providing surveillance detection in total darkness up to 1,600 meters for humans, 2,400 meters for automobiles and 3,600 meters for ships;
- 3-in-1â€”combines a color camera for daylight, a B/W infrared camera for lowlight, and an active infrared illuminator for image capture in total darkness with no infrared glare
- IR Series Portable Infrared Imaging Camera stores up to 64 images and has a battery life of up to two hours. Its high thermal sensitivity makes it conducive for applications such as predictive and preventative maintenance, medical imaging, R&D, and firefighting
- Fever Scan for screening of individuals in public areas to detect elevated body temperatures to help in identifying SARS
- Long-range Active Infrared Systems captures clear images up to 800 meters in daylight or total darkness
- CSI-IR Infrared Illuminators offering illumination distance ranges of 12 meters (40 feet) to 200 meters (660 feet) with a lifespan of more than 10,000 hours
"Having this contract means that those agencies tasked with protecting homeland security will be able to procure our technologies faster and easier than ever before," said James Zahn, president and CEO of Cantronic Systems. "Our systems and products are currently performing in security installations all over the globe. We are proud to have the U.S. General Services Administration recognize Cantronic as a reliable source of outstanding technologies that can help the participating agencies and organizations achieve their security goals."