RFC Services has announced upgraded versions of Visual Hindsight Professional, Home, and Viewer Editions, MS Windows-based network camera surveillance and recording software that monitors businesses or homes over a local area network or the Internet.
Visual Hindsight includes professional-grade features at an entry-level price, and is ideal for unattended monitoring and recording of convenience stores, gas stations, day care centers, educational facilities, retirement facilities, hospitals, laboratories, commercial property, private homes, and more.
Now Visual Hindsight supports virtually all network cameras and video servers capable of producing industry-standard JPEG still images or Motion-JPEG image streams. Cameras and video servers manufactured by Axis, D-Link, ELMO, Flexwatch, Hunt, IDView, IQinVision, JVC, Orite, Panasonic, PDuke, Pixord, Sony, Toshiba, TLC Watch, Vivotek and others are supported.
Here?s what the newest versions of Visual Hindsight have to offer:
- The Professional Edition offers full-feature digital video surveillance and recording, including the ability to simultaneously view up to 100 and record up to 50 cameras, automated video archive retention management, e-mail alert notification, capture to individual local and networked drives, and much more, making it ideal for commercial or private use.
- The Home Edition offers highly dependable surveillance and recording, including the ability to simultaneously view up to 20 cameras and record up to 4, automated video archive retention management, e-mail alert notification, and much more, making it ideal for home or small business.
- The Viewer Edition offers highly dependable surveillance of up to 20 cameras, and may be used seamlessly in conjunction with Professional and Home Editions, or as a stand-alone monitoring tool.
Visual Hindsight does not impose limitations on the number of cameras added to its database. Users can add cameras without any additional licensing fees.
Newest features at a glance:
- Automatically eliminate "jitter" (unwanted speed variation during playback)
- Automatically connect and record when Windows is restarted
- Send e-mail alerts on camera connect failure
- Record to local and networked drives
- Manage local and networked video footage using Retention Manager
- Optimize local and networked video storage using Retention Monitor
- Significantly improved connect, view, and capture speed
- Watermarked .AVI header files for greater security
- Smoother multi-tasking, for even better overall performance
- Support for Intel Hyper-Threading and Dual-Channel memory
Visual Hindsight, www.visualhindsight.com, requires Windows NT, 2000, XP, or 2003 Server running on a PIII 450 MHz PC at a minimum video resolution of 800 x 600 x 16 bit, with a direct, network, or broadband connection to camera, video server, or Web server URL.