The Electronic Security Association (ESA) opened its call for SECURE+ Award entries. Entries will be accepted until Dec. 14, 2012 and are open to SECURE+ member companies. The awards will demonstrate how security systems with enhanced features have helped customers protect, control and connect their homes, families and businesses.
In its inaugural year, the awards program recognizes real-life examples of how qualifying SECURE+ members are making their customers' lives not only safer and more secure, but simpler, more energy efficient and more convenient. Following the Dec. 14, 2012 entry deadline, winners will be named in five SECURE+ categories:
- The Life Safety Award showing how an integrated electronic security system with enhanced features has helped save a customer’s life or prevent a devastating loss.
- The Peace of Mind Award recognizing the most dramatic use of an electronic security system using interactive or enhanced services and monitoring from remote devices combined with intrusion, fire and toxic gas detection.
- The Protect and Connect Award exhibiting the best use of interactive services in an intrusion scenario including alarm activation during a robbery, burglary or break-in.
- The Sustainable Lifestyle Award demonstrating the energy or resource conservation abilities of an integrated electronic security system with enhanced features.
- The SECURE+ I Love My Pet Award acknowledging the best use of an electronic security system with enhanced features in caring for a beloved animal.
Across the nation, people are turning to their electronic security services providers, and ESA members in particular, as the trusted source for the installation, monitoring, service and maintenance of sophisticated systems at the heart of the connected home.
“Consumers and small business owners have many choices when it comes to deciding the company that will provide these lifestyle enhancing or money-saving systems,” said ESA Executive Director & CEO Merlin Guilbeau.
“At ESA, life safety is at the heart of all we do. So, it is no surprise that SECURE+ member companies have demonstrated significant expertise delivering systems that help save lives. What is noteworthy is that they also have proven abilities to deliver the latest technologies and systems that help make people’s lives easier and more convenient,” he said.
As other technology companies enter the security space, Guilbeau notes, it is important to showcase the range of services ESA members have been providing for quite some time.
“Whether a customer wants to conserve energy by remotely adjusting the lights and thermostat, check to see if a son or daughter has come home from school, or make sure the home is protected from intruders or fire, SECURE+ companies can provide the right system,” Guilbeau said.
The evidence is in the real-life nominations for the SECURE+ Awards. Winners will be announced at the ESA Leadership Summit, Feb. 18-21, 2013 in Orlando, Fla.
"This is an opportunity for SECURE+ companies to showcase the terrific job they are doing for customers needing security and who also want to use technology to connect and control every aspect of their busy lives. The awards are a compelling way to feature the enhanced and interactive services our members are providing to consumers and business owners across the country.” Guilbeau added.
For more information about the SECURE+ Initiative and how to become a SECURE+ Integrator, go to www.secureplusweb.org or contact ESA’s Member Service Center at 972-807-6801.