As part of its ongoing commitment to helping business and IT leaders maximize value and manage risk related to information and technology, ISACA also announced the formation of a cybersecurity task force to drive research, guidance and advocacy. Eight information security professionals from locations around the world were named to the Cybersecurity Task Force:
- Eddie Schwartz, CISO at RSA, The Security Division of EMC (USA) (chair)
- Brent Conran, Chief Security Officer, McAfee (USA)
- Marcus Sachs, Vice President for National Security Policy, Verizon (USA)
- Neil Barlow, Head of Information Security Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC), Euronext, NYSE (UK)
- Samuel Linares, Director and Founder, Industrial Cybersecurity Center (Spain)
- John Lyons, Chief Executive, International Cyber Security Protection Alliance (UK)
- Manuel Aceves, Director General, Cerberian Consulting (Mexico)
- Derek Grocke, Security & Infrastructure Manager, Internode (Australia)
Transforming Cybersecurity Using COBIT 5 is the third installment in a cybersecurity series from ISACA, a global association of 110,000 information security, assurance, risk and governance professionals. The first two installments, Advanced Persistent Threat Awareness Study Results and Responding to Targeted Cyberattacks, are available at www.isaca.org/cyber.
The guide is available at no charge to members of ISACA; nonmembers can purchase a print or electronic version at www.isaca.org/cybersecurity-cobit.
ISACA will address cybersecurity issues at its Information Security and Risk Management Conference in Las Vegas, held 6-8 November 2013.