SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 23, 2013 Cisco today announced enhancements to its portfolio of safety and security solutions with video surveillance architectures and new IoT enabled solutions that ease management of millions of connected cameras and devices. The Internet of Things is the next technology transition where devices will allow us to sense and control the physical world by making objects smarter and connecting them through an intelligent network. Video Surveillance Manager 7 (VSM7) provides new capabilities that enable central or multiple operations management of intelligent video surveillance and an open platform for analytics and metadata.
Organizations are looking to deploy more cameras in more areas to protect citizens, customers, and employees. According to a new report published in the Markets and Markets catalogue, the video surveillance systems and services market is set to reach $36.28 billion by 2018. Organizations need secure and flexible video surveillance architecture to manage the growing number of cameras they are deploying in highly distributed harsh and industrial environments. Cisco VSM 7 adapts to evolving business needs and provides an easy way to manage video, resources, troubleshooting and business intelligence.
Intelligent video surveillance systems are increasingly being used as valuable business tools to mitigate enterprise-wide and global risk and to improve operational processes. By providing a platform where businesses can use their own operational information to improve productivity through analytics and big data, organizations can identify and respond quickly to drive operational efficiencies across different industries, such as healthcare, manufacturing, transportation, oil and gas, and public safety.
- Cisco VSM7 is delivering three new scalable video architectures providing flexibilities to manage millions of endpoints to meet the challenges increasing business risk.
- Cisco VSM7 also has IoT solution capabilities for business intelligence with analytics and metadata.
- Cisco IP cameras are now smart endpoints providing an application development platform. Partners participating in the Cisco Developers Network (CDN) program can develop applications that integrate with Cisco IoT solutions.
- An ecosystem of CDN partners are now providing a range of solutions for video analytics, network monitoring, physical security information management (PSIM) and other applications.
VSM7 Provides Highly Secure And Scalable Video Surveillance Architectures With The Following Capabilities:
- Federator helps organizations to centrally manage millions of IP cameras from a single user interface across globally distributed video surveillance deployments.
- Dynamic Proxy efficiently uses network bandwidth to delivers quality video to multiple users accessing the same video streams from any location.
- Enhanced medianet capabilities simplify management, operations and troubleshooting with end-to-end visualization of video flows and on-demand Mediatrace from the camera to the video client.
- Zero Data Loss ensures that video can be preserved. In mobile environments, like transportation when network connectivity is often interrupted, cameras can store video locally until network connectivity has been restored, then automatically transmit the video to the media server.
Analytics and Metadata Platform