The Women's Security Council this week announced its 2014 Women of the Year honorees.
Las Vegas – April 1, 2014 – The Women’s Security Council, a network of successful security professionals focused on promoting the advancement of women in the industry, is pleased to announce the winners of the 2014 WSC Women of the Year awards. The awards program honors the top female professionals in the security industry in a variety of categories.
This year’s 2014 Women of the Year include:
- Kelly Bond, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Alarm Capital Alliance
- Silvia Fraser, Manager, Corporate Security, City of Toronto
- Jean Gordon Kocienda, Global Threat Analyst, Cisco Systems
- Christine Lanning, President, Integrated Security Technologies
- Lindsay Martin-Nez, Vice President of Sales, BadgePass
- Rose M. Miller, Director of Protective Services, MedStar Washington Hospital
- Nancy Royalty, Operations Manager, Sonitrol of Evansville
The award winners were chosen from a wide array of nominees and each was ranked based on industry and work experience, volunteer roles within the industry and their specific communities, and industry reputation.
WSC will honor the 2014 WSC Women of the Year at a networking reception at this week’s ISC West conference. The reception will be held on Wednesday, April 2, 2014, from 6-8 p.m., at Dal Toro at the Palazzo. RSVP is required.
“The experience and drive of this year’s award winners are impressive,” said Rhianna Daniels, Director, WSC, and Managing Director, CompassPR. “We are proud to celebrate these individuals for their accomplishments as leaders in business, technology visionaries and women who make a difference in our communities.”
The 2014 Corporate Sponsors of WSC, a not-for-profit organization, include: ISC Events, MG Design, the Security Industry Association, Axis Communications, MOBOTIX Corp., Next Level Security Systems, ASIS Women in Security, CompassPR and SD&I Magazine.