Dublin, Ireland, April 21, 2014 – Allegion PLC, a leading global provider of security products and solutions, today announced its upcoming series of three Power Hour Webinars and 18 instructor-led seminars for school safety administrators in cities across the United States.
Power Hour Webinars will be held April 29, May 20 and August 12, all at 3:00 pm EDT. On April 29, the topic will be “Get in the Security Zone.” It will define security zones, teach how to describe them within school facilities and discuss “layering” security to achieve a greater level of risk mitigation. On May 20, the topic is “How to Evaluate Classroom Locking Options,” which will discuss mechanical, remote and centralized locking options, reporting which solutions may not meet ADA or Life Safety Codes and how to decide which will work best in a specific school’s environment. On August 12, “Prepare to Celebrate Safe School Week” will suggest activities that schools can use to celebrate Safe School Week and how to start a community movement to improve school security within a specific school or the entire district. Registration links can be found on the Allegion website under Education.
The instructor-led seminars provide an opportunity for K-12 administrators to learn about locking hardware for classrooms and other school facility openings. Attendees will learn how the correct application of hardware can contribute to a safer learning environment. These interactive seminars will present proactive solutions which can be implemented immediately regardless of the position from which a school is starting. Day-long program topics include “Common Fire and Life Safety Codes that Affect Lock Choices,” “Mechanical Locks: Classroom Security Function, Indicators and more,” “Exit Hardware: Optional Features Helpful to School Safety,” "Offline Electronic Locks: How to apply Remote Classroom Security,” and “Networked Electronic Locks: How Hardwired and Wireless Locks Support.”
Cities, dates and times of the seminars are –
- Sandy, UT - April 30, 2014 at 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Largo, FL - May 14, 2014 at 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Punta Gorda, FL - May 15, 2014 at 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Golden, CO - May 22, 2014 at 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Parsippany, NJ - May 29, 2014 at 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Pleasanton, CA - June 5, 2014 at 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Golden, CO - June 12, 2014 at 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Oshkosh, WI - June 19, 2014 (all day event)
- Tempe, AZ - July 9, 2014 at 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Plano, TX - July 17, 2014 at 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Parsippany, NJ - July 30, 2014 at 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Pleasanton, CA - August 20, 2014 at 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Addison, IL - August 21, 2014 (all day event)
- Olathe, KS - August 21, 2014 at 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Raleigh, NC - August 28, 2014 at 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Plano, TX - October 16, 2014 at 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Eden Prairie, MN - November 19, 2014 at 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- St. Louis, MO - December 11, 2014 (all day event)
These seminars may be submitted for AIA HSW learning units. Attendees can also use certificate of completion to apply for continuous learning credit from their organization or association. A link(http://tinyurl.com/n25yxja) under the education section of the Allegion website will let future attendees easily register.