March 28, 2012, ISC West, Las Vegas, NV — Tamron Co., Ltd. (headquarters: Saitama City; President: Morio Ono ), a leading manufacturer of optical equipment, has developed the Model 300QV-P-CM, a mega-pixel IP Panorama Camera 180-View for security applications with a fish-eye lens that delivers a 180º horizontal angle of view.
The security market has recently experienced upgrades of installation infrastructure, and the installation of highly convenient IP cameras is expanding. In addition, large numbers of customers have requested that camera functionality be maximized to allow certain areas of images to be cropped and enlarged. Tamron has therefore developed the Panorama Camera 180-View Model 300QV-P-CM with 180º horizontal angle of view to meet these needs. As the leading manufacturer of optical equipment, this product maximizes the delivery of high quality images, and proprietary image processing technology provides a new range of solutions for various monitoring requirements, from analog to IP.
1. Equipped with a 180º horizontal angle of view fish-eye lens
The inclusion of a fish-eye lens provides a 180º horizontal angle of view and images without any blind spots, all with a single camera.
2. High-quality image HD (1.2 mega-pixel) output
- Dual stream both Quad VGA (as original image) and VGA (as distortion correction image). Both types of image formats can be output simultaneously
- Comes equipped with effective pixels 2048x1536 sensor (1.2 mega-pixel output).
3. Incorporates proprietary image processing technology
- Image processing technology developed by Tamron is used to correct inside the camera any distortions in images captured with the fish-eye lens, without requiring special software.
- The camera can also be controlled with ActiveX-compatible web browsers.
- Equipped with motion detection function, panoramic display (2-stage), desktop mode, and split display (up to 4-split screens).
4. Mechanics-free construction means greater reliability
- No mechanical design is required for the pan, tilt and zoom functions of the lens, which gives it greater reliability and eliminates the need for maintenance after installation.
- Durability is far greater than ordinary speed dome cameras.
- An IP66 Waterproof Certified design allows installation under eaves or outdoor areas exposed to winds and rain.
5. Three types of image compression formats for greater usability
- Compatible with multiple codecs such as H.264, MPEG-4, and M-JPEG. Can be used to capture still images or record video.
- Market standard software is planned to be used for playback.
6. Useful functions during installation
- A mini-jack terminal has been incorporated for making adjustments during installation, and a simple analog video output allows captured images to be checked on-site.
- Compatible with both existing DC 12 V power supplies and PoE power supplies, allowing the power supply to be selected to suit systems used by customers.
7. Other features
- Audio input/output support. A built-in microphone can be used to record audio along with video images.
- Aluminum die-cast mold used for the camera body for increased robustness.
- Comes with anti-drop wire, wall-attachment adapter, and a circular cover
- Stylish and compact design