ATLANTA, GA, March 22, 2012 – Uplink, the security industry's trusted source for alarm communicators since 1996, announced today it has added the Uplink 5100 universal broadband communicator to the Uplink family of wireless alarm solutions. The Uplink 5100 marks the company's first broadband solution, enabling a dial-up alarm system to transmit signals and two-way voice over an internet connection. It is an easily installed, cost-effective solution for situations where there is broadband internet service but no longer an analog telephone line to connect to the alarm system.
"Alarm dealers told us they wanted a family of product solutions including IP-based solutions and wireless solutions for maintaining existing systems when the homeowner cancels landline phone service. In addition to our full family of wireless solutions, we responded with the Uplink 5100, an easy to install IP-based solution that gives dealers the functions and reliability they have grown to expect from us," said Mike Boyle, General Manager of Uplink.
The 5100 communicator can be used for retrofitting existing systems, takeovers, and new installations. The product converts the dialer output of an alarm system to an IP signal that is transmitted securely over the internet to a central station receiver. Key features of the 5100 include:
• Off-the-shelf installation for drop-in replacement of the phone line with the consumers' existing broadband connection;
• Full alarm event reporting plus two-way voice communications;
• 24/7 website activation;
• No panel programming necessary;
• Support of upload/download for remote programming and touchtone remote control;
• Ability to work with any central station – no special programming or equipment is required; and
• Flat-rate billing for improved dealer profitability.
"Like all Uplink products, the 5100 is compatible with virtually all alarm panels and is backed by Uplink's expert dealer support program. Dealers know that across the board our products deliver the unique combination of reliable technology and superior value that has made Uplink the industry leader," said Boyle.