Belden's FiberExpress Ultra HD System.
Photo credit: (Photo courtesy Belden)
St. Louis, Missouri – February 13, 2012 – Belden Inc., a global leader in signal transmission solutions for mission-critical applications, is pleased to announce the release of its new FiberExpress Ultra HD System. This simple, yet flexible Ultra High-Density rack-mounted fiber connectivity system was crafted for effortless installation and maintenance.
"The FX Ultra HD is a direct result of Belden listening and understanding customer needs, through intimate customer relationships,” said Dwayne Crawford, product line manager. “It was conceived in the real world with a back to basics approach focused on real needs: density, flexibility, ease of installation and maintenance."
The FiberExpress Ultra HD System is comprised of a set of simple modular components including:
• 1U, 2U or 4U patch panel housing
• Optional splice tray housing kit
• LC/SC/ST to MPO Pre-Terminated Cassettes
• LC/SC/ST & MPO Field-Terminated Adapter Frames
FiberExpress Ultra HD provides a cost effective upgrade path from current 1G & 10G to 40G and 100G networks. This effectively allows customers to future proof their systems while protecting their investments and accommodating connectivity needs of today.
The Main Features of the FX Ultra HD System are:
• Ultra High-Density with up to 144 fiber terminations in a 1U space
• Fits into more spaces with shallow rack depth, optional splice trays, and removable front and rear cable trays
• Reduces installation labor with lightweight housings
• Speeds up the installation process and eliminates errors with the installer friendly sliding and tilting tray
• Reduces accidental disconnects of live networks during MACs through improved visibility from clear labeling and the sliding tray