Platinum Tools' new VDV MapMaster 2.0 tester.
Photo credit: (Photo courtesy Platinum Tools)
CAMARILLO, Calif., May 25, 2012 – Platinum Tools, the leader in solutions for the preparation, installation and hand termination of wire and cable, is proud to announce the launch of the new VDV MapMaster 2.0 voice, data, and video tester. Now with cable length measurement, the VDV MapMaster 2.0 is now shipping with an MSRP of $129.95. (p/n T129)
“The VDV MapMaster 2.0 now combines cable length measurement with continuity testing, mapping, and tone generator functions into a single unit,” explained Lee Sachs, Platinum Tools, Inc. president and general manager. “Made in the USA, the VDV MapMaster is capable of identifying and mapping 19 locations at one time. Whether the job is commercial or residential, the versatility and added features of the VDV MapMaster 2.0 makes it an installer’s best friend.”
Length Mode is used to measure the length of entire cables and its pin pairs and allows for viewing and adjusting the length constant value for video, data, and voice cables. The VDV MapMaster tests Cat-6, Cat5e, Cat-5, Cat-4, Cat-3, and coax cables, as well as shielded cables. Video and data cables can be connected to their respective remotes at the same time to improve testing efficiency. Patch cables may be tested without removing the master remote from storage.
With a convenient size and weight of only 6.4in x 2.8in x 1.4in and just 9.0 ounces, additional features of the VDV MapMaster include:
• Tests voice (six wire), data (eight wire), and video (coax)
• Measures the entire length of a cable and/or individual wire pairs within the cable
• Easy-to-read , extra large 7-segment LCD screen with large icons
• Tone generator with selectable tone cadence and selectable pins carrying tone
• RJ (voice and data) master remote stores in bottom of case
• Map 19 locations at one time
• Measures length in feet or meters
• Tests and indicates pins with shorts, opens, reversals miswires and split pairs
• Displays “Pass” icon for correctly wired T568A/B and crossover/uplink
• Displays “Pass” icon for correctly wired 6-pin telephone plus “Rev” for reverse pinned
• Voltage detection warning icon
• Long battery life; low battery icon indicator
• Auto power off
Numerous accessories for the VDV MapMaster 2.0 (p/n T129) are also available.