A diagram of General Dynamic's Global Security Operations Center solution.
Photo credit: (Image courtesy General Dynamics)
General Dynamics Information Technology delivers solutions that strengthen physical and IT security. The company will be showcasing two innovative solutions at ASIS 2012:
• Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) – The GSOC solution integrates multiple third-party security technologies to provide a cost-effective and scalable security solution that allows customers to monitor and protect people, property and assets using fewer resources. GSOC provides a common operating picture, enabling coordinated responses to events and sharing of business and risk intelligence.
The GSOC solution addresses five capability areas by integrating leading-edge technology:
- Communications: Capabilities include radio over IP, 911 monitoring, dispatch, global event notifications and internal communications with technologies from KwizCom, Twisted Pair and Microsoft Lync.
- Process Management: Built on a Microsoft platform including Office 2010, SharePoint and SQL Server, with technologies from OR3M for security information management and PPM 2000 for case management, the GSOC solution enables users to develop and implement consistent policies and procedures, optimize workflow and perform investigative and site-specific data management.
- Data Visualization: The GSOC solution integrates IDV Solutions’ Visual Command Center to provide interactive, real-time views into global and ground level risks to people, assets, infrastructure and landmarks on Microsoft Bing Maps. Capabilities also include the ability to filter data feeds, analyze threats and initiate response.
- Interoperability: The GSOC solution offers technical and operational load sharing failover redundancy in minutes. Using Microsoft SQL Server, the physical access-control system provides an interoperable environment and serves as the primary signal monitoring and integrated access backbone for the global security infrastructure.
- Monitoring: Monitoring capabilities include asset tracking, integrated network security, access and video monitoring and control, video analytics, alarm monitoring and emergency alerts using General Dynamics’ InForce and technologies from Bosch Security and ASSA ABLOY.
General Dynamics’ GSOC provides a scalable solution for end-to-end security needs with integration, risk and resilience consulting support from Aronson Security Group, and an operations center with ergonomic workstations and rack hardware from Middle Atlantic Products.
The company also maintains two GSOC Integration Labs which provide as a staging ground to ensure that logical and physical products are properly deployed a given information systems architecture. General Dynamics Information Technology, along with teaming partners, can host global companies today at our GSOC facilities in Orlando, Fla. and Waynesville, N.C. to engage in strategic planning and infrastructure design.
- InForce Generation II – The latest version of General Dynamics’ tactical instrumentation suite that serves as a portable integrated command and control system and includes training, security and surveillance capabilities.
Visit General Dynamics Information Technology and GSOC technology partners Aronson Security Group, Bosch, IDV Solutions, OR3M and PPM 2000 at booth 865 for more information and demonstrations throughout the show.
More information about General Dynamics Information Technology is available at www.gdit.com/gsoc.