VALHALLA, N.Y., September 10, 2012 - FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) has announced that it will introduce the FUJINON DF360SR4A-SA2 to join its line of wide angle lenses for use in security cameras in early November. The new lens is a day/night type lens compatible with 5-megapixel high-resolution cameras. It has a 182-degree field of view to eliminate dead blind spots and capture the peripheral edges of the area being monitored at premium picture quality.
In recent years, the increase in crime and the call for enhanced security have prompted the installation of security cameras at various locations. The proliferation of full HD security cameras is raising users' expectations for the performance of camera lenses, the entry point of image data. Amidst the trend, there is a growing demand for 360-degree lenses capable of capturing omnidirectional images in high definition, to be used with wide-area security cameras, typically seen at the entrances to subway stations and at shopping malls.
The new DF360SR4A-SA2 is a panomorph lens with a 182-degree field of view will eliminate blind spots, and is compatible with 5-megapixel high-resolution cameras. The design allows the capturing of premium-quality omnidirectional images.
DF360SR4A-SA2 uses the panomorph technology*1 of ImmerVision*2, the market leader in 360-degree panoramic imaging, as well as the high-precision aspherical lens element, built with Fujifilm's cutting-edge optical simulation technology. The combination improves the image resolution through to the corners of the frame, which are generally more prone to degradation than the frame's center. This enables high-definition image capture across all corners for easy recognition of any persons.
Furthermore, since DF360SR4A-SA2 is a day / night lens, it provides clear, sharp images even in low light at night or at dusk to become a powerful tool for round-the-clock surveillance.
Fujifilm makes use of its optical and precision processing technologies, nurtured over many years, to offer a wide range of lenses that suit the age of premium digital imaging for broadcasting, cinematography, and mobile phone cameras. The company is committed to offering an extensive range of lenses with high performance, high picture quality and high hardware quality for the security sector, which is expected to grow stronger in the future.
The new lens will be showcased at the U.S. exhibition of security-related products 'ASIS2012' from September 10 to 12, 2012.
*1 Technology that uses an ellipse image footprint rather than a circle footprint for increased sensor coverage and amplified resolution along the edges; 'Image footprint' refers to the area where the light that has passed through the lens forms an image.
*2 A company that licenses optical and software technologies concerning 360-degree panoramic imaging to lens manufacturers and software developers around the world.
4. Main features:
(1) High-performance panomorph lens that has a 182-degree field of view to eliminate dead blind spots:
• This is a panomorph lens with a 182-degree field of view to eliminate blind spots, and is compatible with 5-megapixel high-resolution cameras. It is capable of capturing premium-quality omnidirectional images.
(2) High-definition images across all monitoring areas:
• The new lens features the panomorph technology of ImmerVision, the market leader in 360-degree panoramic imaging, as well as the high-precision aspherical lens element, built with Fujifilm's cutting-edge optical simulation technology.
• The image resolution is improved through to the corners of the frame, which are generally more prone to degradation than the frame's center, enabling high-definition image capture across all corners for easy identification of any persons filmed.
(3) Round-the-clock surveillance both day and night:
• The lens controls chromatic aberration to the extreme extent to provide clear, sharp images not only during the day but also at night and at dusk to become a powerful tool for round-the-clock surveillance.
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation consists of five operating divisions and one subsidiary company. The Imaging Division sells consumer and commercial photographic products and services including film, one-time-use cameras, online photo services and fulfillment, digital printing equipment and service. The Electronic Imaging Division markets consumer digital cameras. The Motion Picture Division provides motion picture film, and the Graphic Systems Division supplies products and services to the printing industry. The Optical Devices Division provides binoculars, and optical lenses for closed circuit television, videography, cinematography, broadcast and industrial markets. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. markets a range of Fujifilm products and services. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmusa.com/northamerica, or go to www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm via RSS, subscribe at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.