January 21,2013, Saitama, Japan - Tamron Co., Ltd. an integrated manufacturer of optical products and a leader in the security market, has released the Model 300QV-P-CM, a mega-pixel IP Panorama Camera 180-View, a new type of security camera with a fish-eye lens that delivers a 180° horizontal angle of view.
The security market has recently experienced upgrades of installation infrastructure, and the installation of highly convenient IP cameras is expanding. There are also a large number of customers who are requesting the functions of cameras to be maximized by allowing certain areas of images to be cropped and enlarged. Tamron has developed the 180° horizontal angle of view Panorama Camera 180-View Model 300QV-P-CM to meet these needs. This product maximizes the high quality image as the leading manufacturer of optical equipment, and proprietary image processing technology to provide a new range of solutions to various monitoring requirements, from analog to IP.
1. Equipped with a 180° horizontal angle of view fish-eye lens
-The inclusion of a fish-eye lens provides a 180° horizontal angle of view and images without any blind spots, all with a single camera.
- F/1.7 is accomplished to enhance the sensitivity of the camera, which realizes the top class in the panorama camera market.
2. High quality image HD (1.2 mega-pixel) output
- Dual stream both Quad VGA (as original image) and VGA (as distortion correction image).
Both types of image formats can be output simultaneously.
- Comes equipped with 2048 x 1535 effective pixels sensor. (* 1.2 mega-pixel output)
3. Incorporates proprietary image processing technology
-Image processing technology developed by Tamron is used to correct any distortions in images captured with the fish-eye lens, within the camera. Therefore no additional software is required.
The camera can also be controlled with ActiveX-compatible web browsers.
- Equipped with motion detection function, panoramic display (2-stage), desktop mode, and split display (up to 4-split screens).
4. Mechanics-free construction means greater reliability
- No mechanical design is required for the pan, tilt and zoom functions of the lens, which gives it greater reliability and eliminates the need for maintenance after installation.
Durability is far greater than ordinary speed dome cameras.
- An IP66 Waterproof Certified design allows installation under eaves or outdoor areas exposed to wind and rain.
5. Three types of image compression formats for greater usability
- Compatible with multiple codecs such as H.264, MPEG-4, and M-JPEG. Video recording and still image capturing is also possible. Market standard software is planned to be used for playback.
6. Useful functions during instalation
- Compatible with both existing DC 12V power supplies and PoE power supplies, allowing the freedom for customers to choose under their system setups.
- A mini-jack terminal has been incorporated for making adjustments during installation, and a simple analog video output allows captured images to be checked on-site.
7. Other features
- Audio input / output support. A built-in microphone can be used to record audio along with video images.
- Aluminum die-cast mold used for the camera body for increased robustness
- Stylish and compact design.
- Comes with anti-drop wire, wall-attachment adapter, and a circular cover