AMAG Technology, an access control, IP video and intrusion detection (IDS) solution provider, announces the release of SymmetryWEB. SymmetryWEB is client software that allows an unlimited number of users to remotely access a Symmetry Security Management System via a web interface to manage security.
“It’s a natural progression to move AMAG’s Symmetry Security Management System (SMS) to a web client to more easily manage a facility’s security,” said AMAG Technology, Product Manager, Steve Amos. “SymmetryWEB offers end users the flexibility to manage card holders and visitors remotely while still maintaining tight security for their buildings, employees and assets.”
The SymmetryWEB client interface is designed to enable remote card holder and credential management for the Symmetry SMS. Security and building personnel can set up new card holders and assign access rights for readers and doors to them. An intuitive, user friendly interface displays the applications, card holders and devices available to the user according to their privileges. The navigation is simple and easy to follow, enabling users to view a complete profile of card holder information, including all card holder options, access assignments and personal information.
The SymmetryWEB client also supports Symmetry Visitor Management. Security personnel or authorized users can quickly and efficiently register and manage visitors. This convenient feature simplifies the visitor registration process and allows authorized users to pre-register guests at a moment’s notice from their computer or mobile device.
SymmetryWEB provides many benefits:
- No need to install software on local PC
- No requirement for a separate dedicated web server to operate
- Authorized users can access SymmetryWEB from anywhere with web connection to Symmetry server
- Card holder updates are easily and instantly made without the need for a centralized administrator
- Operates on a variety of platforms including Internet Explorer, FireFox, Google Chrome and Safari. It also operates on an iPad.
- Convenient concurrent user licensing
Key features include:
- Instant access to Symmetry SMS from a web enabled device
- Available for Symmetry Professional and Enterprise, including Homeland Security Edition
- View complex access rights held within Symmetry SMS
- Visitor pre-enrolment
- Visitor registration and management
- Card holder registration and management
- Granular user permissions with complete partitioning of card holder information and access rights
- Compatible with many desktop and mobile devices and web browsers
For more information on SymmetryWEB or the Symmetry Product Portfolio visit www.amag.com or call 310-518-2380.
About AMAG Technology
AMAG Technology’s Symmetry Security Management and Video Solutions can be found in a wide spectrum of markets: government, commercial, education, transportation, healthcare, utilities and banking. Based out of Torrance, California with sales and support located throughout the United States, AMAG sells its Symmetry Product Portfolio of access control and network video systems through its Symmetry Authorized Resellers throughout North America.
AMAG Technology is part of G4S Technology, a leading manufacturer of scalable, integrated security management systems headquartered in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, England. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and more than 625,000 employees. AMAG Technology has been at the leading edge of access control technology for more than 40 years.