AXIS P5414-E is an innovative, direct drive HDTV PTZ dome network camera for outdoor wall-mount installations.
Photo credit: (Photo courtesy Axis Communications)
CHELMSFORD, Mass. – May 13, 2013 – Axis Communications, the world leader in network video surveillance, today unveils AXIS P5414-E PTZ Dome Network Camera, the first in a new line of uniquely designed outdoor-ready pan/tilt/zoom domes with “direct drive” technology meant for wall-mounting. The new HDTV 720p-quality PTZ dome with 18x optical zoom is ideal for use in city and perimeter surveillance applications, parking garages, campuses and schoolyards, and outside of retail and medical buildings.
The intelligent direct drive pan/tilt system found in AXIS P5414-E facilitates easy wall-mount installation and supports mechanical PTZ endurance by limiting the amount of moving parts. The camera is directly attached to the drive shaft of two motors – one for panning and another for tilting the camera. With no mechanical parts such as belts or gears, AXIS P5414-E creates a durable and highly efficient pan/tilt system to provide customers with a reliable and robust PTZ camera. Other innovations include a built-in wall bracket that eliminates the need to purchase a separate mounting accessory, which provides additional cost-savings and makes installation quicker and easier. See demo movie.
With the ability to pan 270°, AXIS P5414-E can also be mounted on the corner of a building using a corner mount bracket to enable wide area coverage and high optical zoom for detailed surveillance in HDTV resolution.
“About half of all PTZ cameras [installed today] are mounted on walls.
AXIS P5414-E addresses this market with a unique design,” says Erik Frännlid, director of product management, Axis Communications. “The result is an attractively priced, high-performance HDTV PTZ camera that’s easy to install.”
AXIS P5414-E features an integrated sunshield designed for easy removal, allowing customers to paint it to match the installation environment. This sunshield’s sloping form helps the camera resist attempts by vandals to pull it down. The camera has a hidden junction box that supports two-way audio, a memory card slot, four configurable inputs/outputs to external devices, and the option to use either 24 V DC or Power over Ethernet Plus (IEEE 802.3at). AXIS P5414-E also supports Advanced Gatekeeper, which enables the camera to automatically pan, tilt and zoom to a preset position when motion is detected in a predefined area.
AXIS P5414-E is expected to be available in July 2013 through Axis distribution channels at the suggested retail price of $1599.
Features of AXIS P5414-E include:
• HDTV 720p performance in compliance with the SMPTE 296M standard for resolution, full frame rate, HDTV color fidelity and 16:9 format.
• 18x zoom with autofocus in combination with HDTV resolution delivers the advantage of a wider (16:9) field of view while providing zoomed-in views with the same level of detail as a standard resolution, 36x-zoom camera.
• Multiple, individually configurable streams in H.264 and Motion JPEG video formats.
• True day/night functionality with an automatically removable infrared(IR)-cut filter for color video during day time, and high-quality black and white video in low-light.
• Intelligent video functionalities such as video motion detection, Advanced Gatekeeper and audio detection, as well as support for additional applications through AXIS Camera Application Platform.
• Outdoor-ready with IP66 and NEMA 4X ratings that ensure protection against dust, rain, snow and corrosion.
AXIS P5414-E will be supported by the industry’s largest base of video management software through the Axis Application Development Partner Program, AXIS Camera Station and the complimentary AXIS Camera Companion. The camera also includes support for AXIS Video Hosting System and ONVIF for easy camera system integration.