AMAG Technology, an access control, IP video and intrusion detection (IDS) solution provider, announces the new Symmetry SR Controllers, designed for new installations, as well as for customers who are facing a security system limitation or aging scenario with a competitor’s product. AMAG’s SR Controllers enable a customer to upgrade their aging or discontinued security management system easily and affordably, and protect their current infrastructure investment by reusing existing cards, readers, enclosures and wiring.
The SR Controllers use a pluggable backplane architecture efficiently designed into a compact enclosure. The controllers are fully interoperable with Symmetry’s multiNODE M2150 and EN series of controllers, so the ideal architecture can be used within a customer’s environment.
The SR Controller supports up to 16 card readers and easily expands using plug-in door controller and I/O modules, allowing fast, cost effective installations or retrofits for any size system. Each SR Controller has onboard memory for 200,000 card holders, but there is no limit to the number of card holders a Symmetry Security Management System can support. With Symmetry Security Management Software, the SR Controller range delivers a seamless security management system to protect facilities small and large, while leveraging the customer’s current infrastructure investment and providing a low total cost of ownership.
“Our proven Symmetry SR Controller retrofit solution offers product, not promises to customers needing a retrofit solution or brand new system,” said AMAG Technology, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Matt Barnette. “The SR Controller system is being installed in large, well-known customers, proving it’s the most powerful, easy to install and affordable solution available.”
When a customer upgrades using SR Controllers, a Symmetry software solution provides:
• Integrated access control, IP video and intrusion detection functionality
• Minimal system downtime
• Assistance with migration planning for a successful transition to Symmetry technology
• Preservation of existing readers, device wiring, and terminations
• Preservation of badge population and current investment
Key features of the SR Controller include:
• High-density solution for access control, especially retrofits
• Connects to Symmetry Security Management Software via LAN, WAN, RS232 or Modem
• AES (128 or 256 bit) encrypted communications to Symmetry software
• Up to 16 doors and card readers per controller
• Retain existing smart card, proximity, or magstripe card readers
• Modular mix and match configuration using plug-in circuit boards
• Support for serial- connected chains of up to 32 controllers – minimize consumption of network resources, retain existing wiring.
For more information on AMAG’s NEW Symmetry SR Controllers and how you can retrofit your current solution, contact your Regional Sales Manager, or visit www.amag.com.
About AMAG Technology
AMAG Technology’s Symmetry Security Management and Video Solutions can be found in a wide spectrum of markets: government, commercial, education, transportation, healthcare, utilities and banking. Based out of Torrance, California with sales and support located throughout the United States, AMAG sells its Symmetry Product Portfolio of access control and network video systems through its Symmetry Authorized Resellers throughout North America.
AMAG Technology is part of G4S Technology, a leading manufacturer of scalable, integrated security management systems headquartered in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, England. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and more than 625,000 employees. AMAG Technology has been at the leading edge of access control technology for more than 40 years.