The outdoor-ready AXIS M3026-VE provides 3 MP and HDTV 1080p video with enhanced capacity for intelligent video applications.
Photo credit: (Photo courtesy Axis Communications)
CHELMSFORD, Mass. – September 19, 2013 – Axis Communications, the market leader in network video surveillance, today presents the vandal-resistant and outdoor-ready AXIS M3026-VE Fixed Dome Network Camera that provides up to 3-megapixel and HDTV 1080p resolution with a 106° horizontal angle of view. AXIS M3026-VE is a discreet and affordably-priced mini dome ideal for areas that require outdoor day and night surveillance with a wide-angle field-of-view, such as at hotels, gas stations, restaurants, offices and schools.
As the latest camera to be launched in the affordable AXIS M30 Series, AXIS M3026-VE features enhanced capacity for video streaming and intelligent video applications. The entire AXIS M30 Series will be on display from Sept. 24-26 in Chicago at ASIS International in Axis’ booth #1034.
AXIS M3026-VE also offers true day/night performance thanks to an automatically removable infrared(IR)-cut filter to enable the camera to capture color video during the light of day while making use of IR light at night for high-quality black and white video.
“Based on feedback from our partners and end-customers, we have dramatically enhanced the affordable and discreet AXIS M30 Series over the last year and a half to include options such as 360° and panoramic viewing, integrated IR LED illumination, onboard storage and intelligent video,” said Fredrik Nilsson, general manager, Axis Communications, Inc. “AXIS M3026-VE brings 3-megapixel and 1080p HDTV quality video to outdoor applications that require a wide viewing angle and 24/7 surveillance, while still remaining within the customer’s budget.”
Like other cameras in the series, AXIS M3026-VE enables quick and easy installation. It can be mounted on walls or ceilings, and camera direction can be easily adjusted. AXIS M3026-VE is powered using Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) and comes focused at delivery with a 6.6 ft. network cable to shorten installation time. The camera also supports Axis’ Corridor Format for a vertically oriented field-of-view to maximize coverage of areas such as along walls and aisles.
Main features of AXIS M3026-VE Fixed Dome Network Camera include:
• Multiple, individually configurable streams in H.264 and Motion JPEG video formats
• Multi-view streaming, enabling different areas in the camera’s field of view to be cropped from the full view and streamed simultaneously for viewing or recording
• Intelligent video applications such as video motion detection and tampering alarm, as well as enhanced capacity for additional applications through AXIS Camera Application Platform (e.g., people counting, cross line detection)
• Enhanced alarm management with one input and one output port for connection to external devices
• Wide Dynamic Range with dynamic contrast for handling difficult lighting conditions
• Built-in memory card slot to enable several days of recording to be stored locally inside the camera, which can be combined with the free AXIS Camera Companion client for surveillance of sites with 16 cameras or less
A separate housing is not required for outdoor installation as AXIS M3026-VE is IP66- and NEMA 4X-rated to ensure protection against dust, rain and snow. The camera also has an IK10 rating for impact resistance.
AXIS M3026-VE is supported by the industry’s largest base of video management software, including AXIS Camera Station and third-party applications through Axis’ Application Development Partner program. In addition, the camera supports AXIS Video Hosting System for hosted video installations and ONVIF for easy system integration.
AXIS M3026-VE is expected to be available for order in October 2013 through Axis’ distribution channels at the suggested retail price of $649.