CLOVIS, CALIF. – Sept. 18, 2013 – Schneider Electric today announced the launch of eight new families of Pelco™ IP video accessory products, building on its commitment to offer the widest and most complete selection of IP camera and IP video accessories in the industry. These video accessories are designed to operate in all environments and applications, and give customers the ability to specify complete, end-to-end solutions by removing all guesswork with tested, compatible, ready-to-install products.
The new accessory lines from Pelco by Schneider Electric include:
- Fortified Camera Enclosure Systems: Offer protection from heat, cold, humidity, and vandalism and have IP66 and IK10 ratings. The fully integrated enclosures are available as assembled, tested, and certified camera systems, including the camera, lens, enclosure, mount, power supply and optional fiber media converters. New enclosure systems include high-temperature (up to 70°C), low-temperature (down to -50°C), humid-environment and solar-powered optimized enclosures.
- General Purpose Enclosures: Adding to its long respected line of reliable, cost-effective camera enclosures, this new line comes with IP-centric-available features such as built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE) camera power, and megapixel-optimized front windows.
- Infrared & White Light LED Illumination: As users move away from traditional exterior and flood lighting approaches to security lighting, these new individual infrared and white light LED illuminators provide an excellent, efficient solution for improved video surveillance performance. These illumination options are perfect for fixed and PTZ camera installations and offer an optional remote control that makes installation setup easy by providing controls, such as light intensity, photocell sensitivity, and on/off timer.
- IP Fiber Optic Transmission: Reliable and robust to meet long distance transmission challenges and NEMA TS 1/TS 2, and Caltrans Traffic Signal Control Equipment Environmental Standards. Designed for industrial operating environments (-40°C to 75°C), these systems make use of customer-installed FSFP units, which are sold separately, for compatibility with a wide range of optical fibers, optical connector types, and optical transmission distances. Includes Ethernet media converters, unmanaged Ethernet switches and Small Form Factor Pluggable (FSFP) series interchangeable transceivers.
- EthernetConnectTM Ethernet over Coax (EoC)/UTP Transmission: Offers a wide selection of EoC/UTP solutions that allow users and installers to make use of existing coaxial cable and twisted pair copper wire as Ethernet transmission media for efficient cost savings as users migrate from analog systems to IP networks. Supporting PoE and PoE+ cameras, these high-performance solutions can transmit IP video, and power over Coax or UTP, up to 5,000 ft all within the same form factors and racking as IP fiber.
- PoE Midspan Power Systems: Provide a wide range of power and extension options for IP network cameras, enclosures, PTZ systems and other edge devices over an Ethernet cabling infrastructure using the IEEE 802.3at/af industry standards. The Pelco midspans are designed to provide the highest standard power using 802.3at up to 100m (300ft) with an extender that will add an additional 100m (300ft) at IEEE802.3af power. The PoE technology combines the advantages of a single cable for transmitting video, data and power with products that integrate into the infrastructure of IP networks. These efficient and cost effective systems are available for all applications and come equipped with a web based interface to view and manage power on each port as well as SNMP network connectivity.
- Full HD Monitors/Displays: Designed for maximum reliability and power efficiency for around-the-clock usage, monitors display high-quality, detailed images necessary for making security decisions. Features of these LCD monitors include long life, low power, and lightweight/slim design.
- Portable IP Camera Installation Tool (pictured): Compact, battery-powered, diagnostic/installation tool saves users time and cost by enabling complete IP camera installation without requiring a second person at the control system for verification. With built-in PoE support, it connects directly to a camera to provide power, and displays live video for adjusting camera viewing angles and focus.
“Pelco by Schneider Electric continues to expand its IP camera offerings and deliver on our promise to be an IP-driven, customer-focused company with these new video accessories, part of many new IP solutions to be released this year,” said Herve Fages, senior vice president, Schneider Electric, Pelco Video Line of Business. “A video surveillance accessory product leader for more than 20 years, Pelco is excited to expand on its unparalleled accessory product offering.”
The eight new accessory lines will be on display at ASIS 2013, in Chicago, from September 24-27 in Schneider Electric’s booth #1104. In addition, media are invited to attend a panel discussion held in the ASIS press room on Wednesday, September 25 at 11:00 AM, to hear about Pelco’s new IP-centric video accessories and other company updates. For more information about Pelco’s new accessories visit here: www.pelco.com/accessories
About Pelco by Schneider Electric
Pelco by Schneider Electric is a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of IP-based video security systems, software and services ideal for any industry. With a long and prestigious history of offering high-quality products and exceptional customer service, Pelco has become a most sought-after supplier in the surveillance industry. With thousands of IP cameras to choose from, Pelco by Schneider Electric has the right network-based video surveillance camera for any lighting condition, environment, and application. The Pelco brand of products includes a wide range of IP-based cameras, discreet camera domes and enclosures, video management systems, thermal imaging products, extreme environment systems and much more – all in the never-ending pursuit of
achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction possible.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure, Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, Data Centers & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company's 140,000 plus employees achieved sales of 30.8 billion US dollars (24 billion euros) in 2012, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.