CLOVIS, Calif. and LONDON – Feb. 10, 2014 – Pelco by Schneider Electric and Oncam Grandeye today announced that they have partnered to deliver the Evolution 360-degree camera range to global customers that provides unprecedented situational awareness. The addition of the award-winning 360-degree cameras and technology from Oncam Grandeye is yet another example of Pelco’s commitment to be IP-driven and customer-focused, delivering innovation that enhances the customer experience.
With this new product offering, Pelco continues to expand its IP camera solutions and meet customers’ needs by incorporating Oncam Grandeye’s 360-degree technology and unique, patented dewarping software to provide a camera range with total situational awareness. The dewarping feature allows users to go back in time to retrospectively view the total scene in its original form and then pan, tilt and/or zoom (PTZ) within the 360-degree image, as if it were a live image. In addition, multiple users can view the same image, with different perspectives, concurrently from a single camera, either live or recorded.
The Evolution 360-degree cameras, IP cameras with 5-megapixel sensors and no moving parts, are compatible with most applications including city surveillance, retail and gaming facilities. Key innovations in the Evolution 360-degree camera range include:
- Oncam Grandeye Technology: When integrated directly into Pelco’s video management platform and other compatible platforms, this technology provides total coverage with no blind spots and an unobstructed field of view that enables multiple angles of any scene, including both 180-degree and 360-degree panoramas, with PTZ.
- Retrospective Dewarping Technology: This technology vaults network video recorder (NVR) platform performance to the top, making it one of the world’s best forensic tools because it enables customers to navigate around any scene retrospectively, providing true total situational awareness.
- Multiple Users: Having this technology integrated into the NVR platform allows multiple operators to track multiple threats from a single camera, either live or recorded.
- Pelco/Oncam Grandeye Range of Form Factors: Enables 360-degree video surveillance to be installed in any mounting position, environment or for any application.
- Camera Designs: Available in concealed, outdoor, or indoor options, all designed to make installation quick and easy and with no moving parts, requiring less maintenance.
- Patented 3D Dewarping/Video Rendering: Incorporates OpenGL technology, reducing CPU load and overall server resources. Oncam Grandeye was the first to provide this functionality on mobile devices.
“Partnering with Oncam Grandeye to deliver the Evolution 360-degree camera range brings innovation and value to Pelco's IP camera portfolio, offering client-side dewarping both live and retrospectively,” said Hervé Fages, senior vice president, Schneider Electric, Pelco Video Line of Business. “This partnership enables us to support our customers by minimizing their blind spots in surveillance and by developing practical solutions that will secure their critical assets and deliver real value. All of this is backed by Pelco’s amazing service and support.”
"This is an exciting partnership. We are delighted Pelco has recognized the quality of our 360-degree technology and the value it brings to its customers as it seeks to meet the growing demand for this technology in the market place,” Greg Alcorn, senior vice president, Business Development, Oncam Grandeye.
With its Pelco video portfolio, Schneider Electric is a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of video security systems. Later this year, the line Evolution camera range will expand to include 12 megapixel cameras. For more information about Oncam Grandeye’s 360-degree technology please visit: www.pelco.com/panoramic
About Pelco by Schneider Electric
Pelco by Schneider Electric is a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of IP-based video security systems, software and services ideal for any industry. With a long and prestigious history of offering high-quality products and exceptional customer service, Pelco has become a most sought-after supplier in the surveillance industry. With thousands of IP cameras to choose from, Pelco by Schneider Electric has the right network-based video surveillance camera for any lighting condition, environment, and application. The Pelco brand of products includes a wide range of IP-based cameras, discreet camera domes and enclosures, video management systems, thermal imaging products, extreme environment systems and much more – all in the never-ending pursuit of achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction possible.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure, Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, Data Centers & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company's 140,000 plus employees achieved sales of 30.8 billion US dollars (24 billion euros) in 2012, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
About Oncam Grandeye
Oncam Grandeye was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland. Oncam Grandeye is an independent, specialized, security and technology company with a reputation for being one of the most innovative firms in today’s market. Oncam designs, delivers and deploys total security solutions from customized designs – including award-winning 360-degree cameras and technologies. From regional hubs in the U.K., United States, Turkey, South East Asia, UAE and India, Oncam provides security and technology solutions to customers in many countries around the world and is recognized as the global industry leader in total situational awareness. http://www.oncamgrandeye.com/