CAMARILLO, Calif., March 27, 2014 - Platinum Tools, the leader in solutions for the preparation, installation and hand termination of wire and cable, is proud to announce it will showcase the new PRO-Strike Punchdown Tool at 2014 ISC West, held in Las Vegas, Nev. from April 2-4 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, booth 4045. Now shipping, the PRO-Strike Punchdown Tool has an MSRP of $36.95 (without blades).
“The new compact PRO-Strike Punchdown Tool combines rugged design, an ergonomic comfort grip handle, and enhanced functions,” explained John Phillips, Platinum Tools, Inc. product manager. “The primary tool for all security, telecom, and datacom installers working with 110, 66, Krone and BIX™-style cross connects, this professional tool will provide precise, repeatable, and reliable terminations that helps ensure installations pass certification, thus reducing and eliminating callbacks, resulting in peace-of-mind.”
The PRO-Strike Punchdown Tool terminates and cuts Cat3/5/5e/6 cables and is spring loaded for fast, low effort wire seating and terminations. Its bayonet style (twist & lock) blade retention socket is compatible with industry standard tools and blades.
Additional PRO-Strike Punchdown Tool specifications and applications include:
- New built-in hook – feeds or removes wire
- New multi-use spudger – for screwdriver, IDC insert tool or to clean debris
- 110, 66, 630, Krone and BIX™ style interchangeable blades
- Terminate and trim wires in 66, 110, Krone and BIX™ style cross connect blocks
- Terminate and trim wires in 110 & 630 style wall jack modules
- Color coded yellow on the cut side of the tool per industry standard
- Adjustable low and high force impact settings are precisely controlled to meet the industry standard 8762D spec
- Will not damage sensitive circuitry
- Spare blade storage compartment in the handle
- Dimensions: 6in x 1.5in x 1in (152 x 38 x 25mm)
- Weight: 5.7oz (162g)
For more information on Platinum Tools and its complete product line, please visit www.platinumtools.com, call (800) 749-5783, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.