To access the remainder of this piece of premium content, complete the form below. Already have an account? Login
Register in seconds by connecting with your preferred Social Network.
This article will present six questions to be answered about the location and load when considering solar.
- Is your load less than 300 watts continuous (7kWh/day)?
- Is your load in a remote location with limited or no access to commercial (grid) power?
- Is your load driven by direct current?
- Is your site largely unattended year round?
- Is your load operating in harsh environmental conditions?
- Is your application critical in nature – is reliable power essential?
Understanding the answers to these questions will help you determine if solar is an effective technology for powering your remote site equipment.
- Understand the key benefits of solar electric power
- Determine when solar electric power is the most cost-effective power solution for outdoor security applications
- How to assess/evaluate applications for solar electric power systems