The start of a new year often initiates reflection. Even though your dedicated, hard-working style and logical approach to problems are traits to be acknowledged, every once in a while you will benefit from putting aside those time consuming work projects and focus on future pursuits.
There are tasks that may be neglected because you don’t see the need for strategic change. When you are dealing with security industry technology, if you don’t fully utilize the technology that is already available you may be missing out on a host of lucrative opportunities.
You will be in an excellent position to achieve your goals if you can manage to channel your energies. You need to take the time to analyze each area of your business.
Part One of the Cycle of Change is straightforward and speaks for itself. To make significant changes, you must:
1. Confront your present business operating systems.
2. Check employee attitudes.
3. Recognize any limitations that need to be addressed.
4. Be motivated and enthusiastic about the changes being made. Visualize new results to affect your change.
5. Develop new skills for you and your employees as a foundation for the change.
Part Two of the Cycle of Change needs slightly more explanation. In order for change to occur you must:
1. Recognize that what you are giving your customers is “Value Added Technology.” Use the term in your sales and marketing presentations. When customers feel they are getting value from a service they are more likely to remain your customers. Attrition is a major concern of every security alarm business owner since losing customers negatively affects your bottom line.
2. Realize that meeting your customers’ needs is the key to growth. Yet, it is not just about throwing the latest technology at them. You have to make certain the technology solutions you are suggesting are the right ones for the job. In other words, you have to properly address “The Management Side of New Technology.”
3. Be aware of the developments in communications and the customer demographic on the technologies they are using.
4. Get up to speed on Networking Solutions—it’s the future.
5. Educate yourself and your staff. Sparkle with intelligence and you’ll leave customers gasping with admiration.