Panasonic System Solutions Company (PSSA), the division of Panasonic that handles all of the company’s security technologies, has a new president. Former PSSA president Frank DeFina has retired, and Panasonic’s corporate division has announced that J.M. Allain has been named as the new president for that division.
Allain brings recent experience as the manager of global operations for Duos Technologies, a private corporation based out of Florida that has functioned as a systems integrator in the areas of digital video, technical security, plant processes, information technology and engineering. In the area of security, Duos Technologies was known not only for complex systems integrations, but also for its Praesidium video and sensor analytics.
Allain brings to PSSA an MBA in international trade and finance and Bachelor’s degrees in business administration and systems engineering.
“We are pleased to welcome J.M. Allain to the Panasonic team,” said Yoshi Yamada, Chairman and CEO of Panasonic Corp. of North America. “With his background in global systems integration marketing and sales management for enterprises ranging from start-ups to multinational companies, he brings a strong portfolio of valuable experience to this position.”
In addition to security and surveillance systems, Panasonic System Solution Company also works in the areas of medical and industrial imaging, point-of-sale workstations, drive-through communications and digital signage.
• Ray Palomaa has joined Iveda Solutions as director of sales.
• Fire-Lite Alarms, part of Honeywell’s Life Safety Group, has named David Pakech as its new vice president of sales.
• Smiths Detection has apppointed Dr. Anthony J. Policastro as Chief Scientist for the PROTECT program (Program for Response Options and Technology Enhancements for Chemical/ Biological Terrorism) solutions team. Originally developed by Argonne National Laboratories, PROTECT is an early-warning crisis management solution for chemical attacks in mass transit systems.
• Steven Wieczor has been appointed central USA account manager for Paxton Access Inc., the American sales arm for U.K.-based access control manufacturer Paxton Access Ltd. The company has also appointed Philipp Stevens as area sales manager for Western Germany.
• Midstate Security has hired Jeff Smith as director of command center operations.
• TOA Electronics Inc. has announced that Joe Aquilato, northeastern region sales manager-Audio Products Division, and Dan Shore, western region sales manager-Audio Products Division, have been awarded the Certified Sales Professional (CSP) designation.
• Jeff Floreno has joined video surveillance provider Wren as director of Security Operations and Strategy. Floreno most recently served as global security and compliance director for Georgia Pacific.
• AMAG Technology has named Robert Williamson as sales engineer for the Northwest region. The company has also hired Frank Stark as the South Central regional sales manager.
• Inovonics has named David LaPuma as the company’s national accounts business development manager.
• Jens Taarnskov has been named marketing manager for Milestone Systems.
• John Luzzo has joined Reach Systems as Northeast regional sales manager. The company has also hired Jerry Phillips as Southeast regional sales manager.
• Integrator Support, a provider of recurring monthly revenue (RMR) opportunities and financial leasing programs for security system integrators, has named Daniel Youngerman as vice president of corporate programs.