Fargo Electronics, Inc. is voicing its support of the new common identification standard for federal employees and contractors. The announcement came in response to Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 and the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 201.
“Our company has always been extremely proud of the value our secure ID card issuance systems have provided for key government customers like the Department of Defense and other government agencies,” says Gary Holland, Fargo President and CEO. “With Fargo manufacturing operations in the USA, we can quickly and efficiently respond to the changing federal government market.”
Fargo offers a full array of secure card issuance solutions, including its patented High Definition Printing (HDP) technology.
Camera Sweeps Competition
The LTC 0495 DinionXF Day/Night Camera from Bosch Security Systems took the NSCA’s 2005 Innovations in Technology award in the Security/Fire/Life Safety category. Over 100 companies entered products for consideration in this year’s program, held at the Systems Integration Expo recently in Orlando, FL. Finalists were selected by a panel of judges, and then voted on by Expo attendees to determine the winner of each category.
Bosch’s high-performance, smart surveillance LTC 0495 DinionXF Day/Night Camera guarantees around-the clock surveillance and features a mechanically switching IR filter to ensure the high image quality, even under poor lighting conditions.
Monitronics International has achieved CSAA’s prestigious “Five Diamond Certification,” testament to the fact that 100 percent of Monitronics’ central station operators have achieved proficiency and certification by passing either the Central Station Operator Training Course Level or the equivalent SIA/APCO course. These courses cover all phases of central station communications with customers, law enforcement, fire and emergency services communication centers. This critical area of communications is the life-saving link between the residential and business properties and the law enforcement, fire, and emergency services in local areas.
“Monitronics is proud to have received this industry-honored achievement,” comments Jim Hull, president and CEO. “This certification signifies our commitment to being a top-level central station.” Fewer than two percent of all the central stations in the United States have achieved the “Five Diamond Certified” status, according to Monitronics.
SIA New Product Showcase Award Winners at ISC
The SIA (Security Industry Association) announced, at ISC West in Las Vegas, the winners of its New Product Showcase (NPS) Awards. Some 83 new products/services were entered into the NPS program, which was established over a decade ago to showcase cutting-edge technology in the security industry. A4 Vision took top honors with a “best of show” designation for its facial biometric enrollment system. Judging was done during ISC by 16 judges from different parts of the industry during presentations of the submitted products.
- And the winners are . . .
- Achievement Award for Honorable Mention: Pacom Systems for its RTUSignal.
- Product Achievement Award for Access Control: Software House for its Software House Multi-Technology Reader.
- Product Achievement Award for Asset Tracking: Servision for its IVG-400.
- Product Achievement Award for Biometrics: A4 Vision for its A4 Vision 3D Facial Enrollment Camera.
- Product Achievement Award for Business Services: SDC for its Access System Design & Project Management Website.
- Product Achievement Award for CCTV: ELMO USA for its PTC400C.
- Product Achievement Award for Digital Video: 3VR Security for its 800i.
- Product Achievement Award for Fire Detection/Prevention: UltraGuard for its UltraGuard COSYS1212-4.
- Product Achievement Award for False Alarm Reduction: Security Labs for its Security Labs VIR-100.
- Product Achievement Award for Home Automation: M&S Systems for its DMC3-4.
- Product Achievement Award for Integrated Systems: Hirsch Electronics for its Velocity Interop.
- Product Achievement Award for Intrusion Detection/Prevention: Honeywell for its LXL-1000.
- Product Achievement Award for Monitoring: Digital Security Controls for its Tl-250.
- Product Achievement Award for Software: Honeywell for its LobbyWorks.
- Product Achievement Award for Wireless: Cypress Computer Systems for its WiFi Duprex/DPX-7212.
- Judges Choice Award for Commercial Products: i3DVR International for its i3- SRX48032 ARM.
- Judges Choice Award for Residential Products: UltraGuard for its UltraGuard COSYS1212-4.
- Best-of-Show Award, titled the Innovation Award: A4 Vision for its A4 Vision 3D Facial Enrollment Camera.