Other Top News of the Week
ST&D magazine's editor-in-chief Steve Lasky posted an interesting report of his tour inside ADT's Aurora, Colo., monitoring facility. ... SIW columnist Bob Harris laments the fact that we're not seeing as many good technicians entering the alarm industry, and proposes some options for turning the flow around. ... Probaris landed an HSPD-12 contract with the Social Security Administration. ... Wharton/ASIS program director Mario Moussa shares an enlightening read on how a security director can exercise his or her power and influence in the corporate world. ... And a new alarm ordinance in the town of Leawood, Ks., continues to signal that enhanced call verification protocols are the way to go in the effort to reduce false dispatches.
Finally, a look at the Most Read Stories of the week:
- Missing Ethics in Door-to-Door Alarm Sales?
- Q&A: Cisco's Steve Collen on Convergence and Video Bandwidth
- Ten Steps to a Successful IP Surveillance Installation: Step 7
- What Every Security Executive Should Know about Power and Influence
- A New Channel for Selling Surveillance Cameras
- Research: Strong M&A Activity in Security