Security Dealer & Integrator magazine presented its annual Fast50 awards, honoring the fastest-growing security dealers and integrators in North America at ISC West yesterday. American Integrated Security Group of College Point, N.Y., and its president and CTO Levy Acs were honored as the top Fast50 integrator.
The event, which was held on the main lobby stage, was sponsored by the Security industry Association and ISC West. Don Erickson of SIA delivered opening remarks that included an outline of the importance of the channel to the overall success of the security industry. SIA has conducted rigorous outreach to the integrator community over the past few years and become an organization that is more representative of the entire industry.
SD&I honored the top 10 companies that ranked in the Fast50 on stage. To read the entire Fast50 list, visit www.secdealer.com; or pick up a copy of the March issue of SD&I, which is available at booth 21135 or in the publication bins on the lower level of the convention hall.
Following AISG, the following dealers/integrators were brought on stage and honored for their place among the top 10 Fast50 companies:
- Perimeter Security Group (No. 2) of Dalton Gardens, Idaho, shot up the fast50 rankings like a rocket from #22 last year, thanks to an awesome 219% growth in 2013. Troy Blood, Systems Design & Development Manager, and Donnie Murrell, Operations & Development Manager, accepted the award.
- Baltimore-based Securityhunter (no. 3), which ranked at the top of the Fast50 for the last two years, was represented by CEO Mike Rogers.
- Carey Boethel, president and CEO of Carrollton, Texas-based Securadyne Systems, accepted the award for his company, which tied for No. 4.
- Brian Thomas, president, and Scott Grainger, Vice President of Physical Security, accepted the ward on behalf of A3 Communications (No. 4) of Irmo, S.C.
- San Diego-based Kratos Public Safety and Security Solutions was ranked No. 6 and was represented by Robert Gaulden, vice president of sales.
- American Defense Systems of Dallas was honored with the No. 7 ranking. Curtis Kindred, president, along with David Galbraith and Alan Demers, accepted the award.
- CEO Chris Lesnewski accepted the award for No. 8 (tie) for Cam Connections of Lakeland, Fla.
- The other No. 8-ranked company was SecureXperts Inc., Kennedy Space Center, Fla., and was represented by Darnell Washington and Desiree Carter.
- The No, 10 company, Blue Violet Networks, Costa Mesa, Calif., were represent4ed by Chad Gordon, Security Engineering & Sales Manager; and Ladd Nelson, Security Engineering & Business Development manager.
SD&I’s Fast50 ranks the top 50 fastest-growing security dealers and integrators. The program was begun three years ago in an effort to recognize the entire landscape of security systems contracting, from alarm dealers and installers to systems integrators — especially the many smaller companies that make up the biggest chunk of our industry.
Fast50 is different because of the way we compile our listing. It is a level playing field for all companies, no matter the size. Dealers and integrators submitted financial information for their past three operating years, and their rank in the Fast50 is based on their year-to-year percentage growth and revenue growth, with their overall ranking balancing those two considerations.
To learn more about the Fast50, visit www.securityinfowatch.com/sdifast50.