Mumbai, India - July 17, 2006 â€“ Mainland China exports of CCTV (closed-circuit TV) digital video recorders are expected to reach US$139 million in 2006, up 70 percent from last year, (NASDAQ: GSOL) "China Sourcing Report CCTV Digital Video Recorders".
The report "China Sourcing Report CCTV Digital Video Recorders" indicates that buyers sourcing CCTV digital video recorders from Greater China and South Korea can expect increased supply and lower price quotes in the coming months. These findings are based on in-depth manufacturer interviews, factory visits and surveys.
Report publisher Mark Saunderson said: â€œThe worldwide security boom has makers expanding production capacity and predicting big export increases this year â€“ some larger makers are even setting up overseas offices to sell own-brand products.â€ Among surveyed manufacturers:
- 29 percent say exports will increase by more than 100 percent;
- 17 percent expect increases of between 50 and 100 percent;
- 52 percent foresee increases of up to 50 percent, and;
- 2 percent expect a decrease in exports.
Manufacturers Forecast Huge Capacity Growth, Price Declines for CCTV Digital Video Recorders
Buyers can expect greater supply, with 100 percent of surveyed Greater China and South Korea manufacturers of CCTV digital video recorders planning to increase production capacity:
- 40 percent of suppliers plan to increase capacity by 100 percent or more;
- 7 percent plan increases of between 50 and 100 percent, and;
- 53 percent plan to increase capacity by up to 50 percent.
Manufacturers cited fierce competition as a key factor in their expectations of lower prices in the coming year. More than half of surveyed makers project declines:
- 62 percent say prices will likely decline in the next 12 months;
- 25 percent foresee stable prices, and;
- 13 percent expect price increases.
The 122-page "China Sourcing Report CCTV Digital Video Recorders" report includes detailed profiles of 47 Greater China and South Korea manufacturers and features a product gallery with 126 top-selling export models. It also includes production and pricing forecasts as well as in-depth reports on major supply centers.
"China Sourcing Report CCTV Digital Video Recorders" provide proprietary market information from extensive factory visits and in-person interviews with China manufacturers. They help buyers make better-informed purchasing decisions.