Security Technology Executive magazine, a property of Cygnus Security Media and a partner of SecurityInfoWatch.com, is announcing a new relationship with the Security Industry Association (SIA) and ISC East for its annual Security Innovation Awards. Under this new collaboration, the Security Innovation Awards will now be featured at the SIA Security Week Gala on Oct. 30 and at the ISC East show in New York on Oct. 30-31.
"SIA is very pleased to work with Security Technology Executive and our ISC partners to bring the Security Innovation Awards into ISC East and SIA Security Week," said Don Erickson, CEO of SIA. "Without question, the buzz around the awards will create additional excitement at ISC East and throughout the week. Most importantly, we are thrilled to provide our members with greater exposure to potential new partners through this well-known awards program."
"We are thrilled to have both SIA and ISC East partnering with Security Technology Executive magazine and Cygnus Security Media for these high-profile awards," said Steve Lasky, group publisher for Cygnus. "The message that SIA is sending is very clear and is the same one we at STE and Cygnus have advanced for years: The success of any security project depends on the collaborative partnering of the end-user, the systems integrator and the vendor."
"ISC East will feature more than 300 exhibitors showcasing leading edge new products, technologies and services for all security professionals," said Ed Several, senior vice president, ISC Events. "The Security Innovation Awards recognize projects which showcase successful partnerships between integrators, end-users and vendors. That collaboration aligns perfectly with ISC East’s goal of bringing together the full security industry."
This new collaboration has led to the following immediate major changes to the competition:
• The winning vendor, end-user and integrator will be announced and honored on stage at the SIA Security Week Gala at ISC East, with a chance to tell their story.
• The winning entries will all be featured in the November/ December issue of Security Technology Executive.
• Winning projects will be put on display on the show floor at ISC East, along with an educational session that includes a best practice roundtable Q&A.
• The submission deadline has been extended (including an early bird deadline).
• Discounted submission fees: SIA members will be able to enter the competition at a discounted rate and there is an early-bird discount for all entrants.
• Security vendors and integrators are permitted to submit multiple entries.
The Security Innovation Awards annual competition is held by the magazine to recognize the best and brightest in innovative uses of security technology. Last year’s gold medal-winning project, St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Washington, D.C., featured nearly 25 technology providers. The Security Innovation Awards are designed to give winning entries the exposure they deserve. The gold-medal-winning project is featured on the cover of the November/December issue, and other winning projects will be profiled inside the same issue. It provides well-deserved recognition for the three most important contributors to the project, the end-user, the integrator and the vendor.
Each project will be judged by a panel of security industry experts that include well-established consultants and members of the industry press, and the projects chosen as the top 4 (gold, silver, bronze and honorable mention) will be featured in STE, with the gold and silver projects honored on stage at the SIA Security Week Gala.
Winning projects will likely include:
1. Clear evidence of the tight cooperation and work between the vendor(s), integrator(s) and/or consultant(s) and end-user.
2. How an end-user solved a unique security and/or business problem by using one or multiple security technologies.
3. Photos of the technology in action, as well as pictures of the end-user (ie. security executive) who oversaw the project.