ESA's Leadership Summit 2013 registration price break ends January 18.
The Electronic Security Association (ESA), Irving, Texas, has extended its call for SECURE+ Award entries until Jan. 18 to give SECURE+ members more time to submit customer testimonials focusing on the value of their interactive security systems. The program focuses on security systems with enhanced features and interactive connectivity and how they help protect customers and their homes, families and businesses.
In its inaugural year, the program seeks customer testimonials from alarm dealers and integrators that provide true-to-life examples of how SECURE+ integrators are making their customer's lives not only safer and more secure, but easier to control and automate. Winners will be announced at the ESA Leadership Summit, scheduled for February 18 through 20 in Orlando, Fla. Winners will be named in five SECURE+ categories:
- The Life Safety Award showing how an integrated electronic security system with enhanced features has helped save a customer’s life or prevent a devastating loss.
- The Peace of Mind Award recognizing the most dramatic use of an electronic security system using interactive or enhanced services and monitoring from remote devices combined with intrusion, fire and toxic gas detection.
- The Protect and Connect Award exhibiting the best use of interactive services in an intrusion scenario including alarm activation during a robbery, burglary or break-in.
- The Sustainable Lifestyle Award demonstrating the energy or resource conservation abilities of an integrated electronic security system with enhanced features.
- The I Love My Pet Award acknowledging the best use of an electronic security system with enhanced features in caring for a beloved animal.
“At ESA, life safety is at the heart of all we do," said ESA Executive Director and CEO Merlin Guilbeau. The SECURE+ Awards demonstrate, through the voice of the customer, the significant expertise ESA and SECURE+ member companies have in delivering systems that save lives and also make people’s lives easier and more convenient,” he said.
As other technology companies enter the security space, Guilbeau noted, it is important to present the range of services ESA members have been providing for quite some time. “The best way to do that is by recognizing the work we do for customers every day. Whether a customer wants to conserve energy by remotely adjusting the lights and thermostat, check to see if a son or daughter has come home from school, or make sure the home is protected from intruders or fire, SECURE+ companies can provide the right system,” said Guilbeau.
"This is an opportunity for SECURE+ companies to showcase the terrific job they are doing for customers needing security and who also want to use technology to connect and control every aspect of their busy lives. The awards are a compelling way to feature the enhanced and interactive services our members are providing to consumers and business owners across the country,” he added.
For more information about the SECURE+ Initiative and how to become a SECURE+ integrator, go to www.secureplusweb.org or contact ESA’s Member Service Center at 972-807-6801.