- Companies can eliminate ongoing training and avoid additional spending on dedicated hardware for managing rising spam volumes.
- Capital expenses on hardware are reduced with a simplified per-user, per-year pricing model that can be included in the operational expense budget.
- Customer support is available 24x7 through security operations centers staffed by Cisco e-mail security experts.
Pricing and Service Availability:
Cisco IronPort Email Security services will be available in April through resellers authorized to sell Cisco IronPort e-mail security services. Pricing is variable on the type of service implemented.
- Tom Gillis, vice president and general manager, Security Technology business unit, Cisco
"Customers want choice, and because every IT department is unique, offering an e-mail security solution that is hosted, managed or on-premise gives businesses the flexibility and world-class security needed in today's threat environment. No matter what offering our customers choose, the hallmarks of Cisco IronPort technology remain: ease of use, performance and innovative technology. We're offering these benefits in any form factor and in any service to fit customers' unique needs."
- Richard Rothschild, senior IT director, TiVo (Cisco IronPort Customer)
"Monitoring e-mail is just one task in an ever-growing a list of IT issues we confront on a daily basis. The Cisco IronPort Managed Email Security service combines the best of the traditional outsourced hosted model while keeping the appliances on my network. This provides us maximum control while freeing us to focus on higher-order network concerns. Indeed, Cisco's security experts are now a part of our team, helping us maintain control over our business-critical data and e-mail infrastructure. We are very pleased with the service."
- Brett Rushton, vice president, Insight Networking (Cisco IronPort Channel Partner)
"We are very excited about the new email security services from Cisco IronPort. Cisco IronPort is already one of our leading partners in the email appliance space and this expansion represents an opportunity to bring a broader set of solutions to our clients. Given the current economic environment, our client's are proactively looking for ways to deploy enhanced capabilities in the most cost effective manner. Cisco IronPort's portfolio of email services gives them the flexibility they need to meet their specific business requirements."
- Cisco IronPort Hosted, Hybrid Hosted, and Managed Email Security Services: [ http://www.ironport.com/products/email_security_services.html ]
- SenderBase worldwide spam volumes: [ http://www.senderbase.org/home/detail_spam_volume ]
- Visit the Cisco blog, [ The Platform ]
Technorati Tags: Cisco, IronPort, hosted email security, hybrid hosted email security, managed services, spam, virus, malware, software-as-a-service, SaaS, network security, enterprise email, enterprise security, messaging, security appliance.