IRVINE, Calif., Feb. 17, 2009 â€“ HID Global, the trusted worldwide leader in providing solutions for the delivery of secure identity, today announced the launch of Asure ID 2009 card personalization software. A complete rethinking of the most effective ways to design and produce personalized IDs, the software enables users to control how data is sequenced and entered, greatly improving the speed and throughput of enrolling card holders and making smart card development and deployment simple. Available in four editions with increasing functionality, Asure ID is the ideal solution for organizations looking to complete multiple ID card projects and produce high quality ID cards in the most timely, secure and efficient manner.
Incorporating a highly intuitive user interface that utilizes familiar Microsoft Ribbon-like controls, Asure ID 2009 integrates extensively researched practices and user-tested tools that make ID card design, data entry and data management easy. Built on the Microsoft .NET technology platform, Asure ID draws upon the powerful underlying software architecture to provide the stability and interoperability required for ID badging projects.
"With its completely redesigned user interface, Asure ID 2009 changes the standard of how ID card software should look, feel and perform," said Glenn Bottomly, Ph.D., director of product marketing, Software, HID Global. "Simple to learn, loaded with useful features and flexible enough to produce ID cards and secure credentials with unprecedented ease and simplicity, virtually any size or kind of enterprise can benefit from this line of card personalization software."
Other features of Asure ID 2009 include:
- a new Live Link wizard that demystifies how connections are made to external data sources,
- a configurable data entry center that allows greater control when entering individual data or groups of records,
- simplified processes for capturing and importing photos and signatures, and
- the ability to preview fully designed cards on-screen prior to printing.
Asure ID 2009 is available in four editions, with increasing functionality, to fit the needs of any type of organization:
- Asure ID Solo 2009: Entry-level card personalization software, Asure ID Solo provides simplified processes for card design, a configurable data entry center, streamlined card production with dual-sided printing capabilities and basic database functionality to save records.
- Asure ID Express 2009: This easy-to-use, standalone card personalization software offers advanced card design, a configurable data entry center for quick card production, and basic external database connectivity, allowing for real-time data exchange and batch and sheet printing capabilities.
- Asure ID Enterprise 2009: This networkable edition allows multiple workstations to share a common database. Database connectivity is enhanced by allowing users to connect for real-time data exchange. Along with its advanced, yet intuitive card design processes, this edition also offers a configurable data entry center and batch and sheet printing.
- Asure ID Exchange 2009: Designed for the most sophisticated secure credential applications, this networkable edition provides advanced smart card functionally supported by the iDIRECTOR encoding and management module, as well as the ability to connect to the widest range of external databases with Live Link for real-time data exchange. It also features a configurable data entry center, intuitive card design processes and batch and sheet printing capabilities.
Asure ID 2009 software is available beginning February 2009, with a free 30-day trial version and informative product demonstration available for download from the newly redesigned HID Global website at www.hidglobal.com.
For product or technology questions, or training beyond the scope of this material, please contact your HID Global sales representative.