LAS VEGAS -- RSIalarm Inc. of Minnesota has won the Innovation Award at the SIA New Product Showcase held at ISC West during the awards presentation on Wednesday afternoon. The company was showcasing its Videofied VIA-Pro, a wireless alarm and video system designed to help security installers avoid issues of false alarms and provide more detail on a potential intrusion.
"This is incident-based video," says Dennis Dop, RSIalarm's vice president of sales and marketing. "We only take the video when something actually happens."
The system works with standard intrusion alarm systems to initiate video when an incident occurs. Dop says the system can be of great help to police, because the video can be used to immeditately verify whether the event is of a serious nature.
Other award winners at the SIA New Product Showcase included such notables as HID with the Edge IP access reader, DSC's GSM communicator, and Dedicated Micros' NetVu system. The categories cover the full range of products being shown on the tradeshow floor, from biometrics to integration platforms, and everything in between.
New Product Showcase Award Winners for 2007:
- Access Control product achievement: SimonVoss Technologies, for its cylindrical locks;
- Biometric product achievement: Union Community Co., for its all-in-one fingerprint terminal;
- Business Services, Training and Support: Arteco Vision Systems' Intelligent Video Solution, Optimizer;
- Fire/Life Safety product achievement: System Sensor, for its carbon monoxide detector;
- Home technologies product achievement: Linear LLC, for its intercom system;
- Intrusion Detection product achievement: RSIalarm;
- Integrated Software/Systems product achievement: DVTel Inc., for its Universe Intelligent Security Engine;
- IP Devices/products/software product achievement: HID Global for its Edge Solo IP access control solution;
- Monitoring product achievement: Digital Security Controls, for its GSM universal communicator;
- Tools/hardware product achievement: Paladin Tools, for its PowerPlay multi-tool;
- Urban security product achievement: 3VR, for its nCode integration software;
- Video device product achievement: Extreme CCTV, for its Black Diamond surveillance system;
- Video analytics product achievement: ioimage, for its IP cameras;
- Video Storage and distribution product achievement: Pelco, for its PelcoUTP series;
- Honorable mention to Hirsch Electronics, for its verification station;
- Judges' choice - residential: GE Security, for its SmartCom product;
- Judges' choice - commercial: Dedicated Micros, for its NetVu console.
There were 94 total entries in the competition this year. The products were judged by a large panel of security experts who spent Tuesday and Wednesday reviewing the merits of the product offerings.