OMAHA, Neb. -- Gabriel Technologies Corp, a homeland security focused company serving the transportation industry, announced today the appointment of a new advisory board made up of industry experts.
Keith Feilmeier, president and CEO of Gabriel Technologies Corp, said, "We have hand-picked representatives from each market niche served by our patented WAR-LOK security product line. These respected industry leaders will play an essential role in keeping us apprised of security problems and issues where we can provide solutions that could literally save the industry billions of dollars every year."
At its initial meeting on April 28, the board reviewed current events/issues related to security within the global supply chain. The group also discussed the overall view of the WAR-LOK security product line by Gabriel Technologies Corp and how WAR-LOK can better serve the transportation/logistics marketplace.
The members of the new board are:
- Joseph Beacom, vice president and chief security, safety & compliance officer of Landstar System, Inc., which delivers safe, specialized transportation services to a broad range of customers throughout North America. The company identifies and fulfills shippers' needs through the coordination of individual businesses comprised of independent sales agents and third-party transportation capacity providers
- Art Zimmerly, president/CEO of AV Logistics, LLC, a safety-first transportation services company which provides complete logistics services throughout the United States. AV Logistics provides the import and export industry with a broad array of management services designed to help companies compress the overall cycle time, lower overall transportation cost, maximize supply chain efficiency and improve service dramatically.
- Scott A. Smith, director, corporate relations for American Presidents Line Limited (APL). APL is a global container transportation company offering more than 60 weekly services and nearly 300 calls at more than 90 ports in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. APL is a unit of Singapore-based Neptune Orient Lines (NOL), a global logistics and transportation company.
- Val Noel, president of Pacer Cartage, a subsidiary of Pacer International. Pacer Cartage provides drayage services and short haul trucking serving markets across North America.
- Wayne Ronci, director of managing prevention field services for Union Pacific, one of America's leading transportation companies. Its principal operating company, Union Pacific Railroad, is the largest railroad in North America, covering 23 states across the western two-thirds of the United States.
- Tom Sheets, founder and managing partner of The Sheets Group, Inc. (TSG), a single source provider of strategic services and robust security platforms that meet the challenges of today's global supply chain. He is the immediate past Chairman of the National Cargo Security Council (NCSC), now International Cargo Security Council (ICSC).