Brussels, 16 March 2012 – ASIS International (ASIS) and Professional Security Magazine (PSM) have announced that the 2012 Professional Security Magazine - Women in Security (WiS) Awards will be presented at the ASIS 11th European Security Conference & Exhibition during the morning plenary session on Tuesday, April 17, 2012.
Nominations can be submitted by anyone who wishes to recognise a female colleague as having made a contribution to their business, department or the industry or profession as a whole. Particular positions of interest are:
· CEO/Chairman/Managing Director of a security company
· Security professionals working within the security department of a commercial organisation/business/public sector or the wider world of security
The 2012 PSM - WiS Awards are the security profession's first ever dedicated awards in Europe to recognise and honour the accomplishments, value and contributions of women within the wide world of security.
The judges will consider how nominees have contributed to the security industry beyond their employment and how they stand out when compared to their industry peers. The judges will also assess how nominees have paved the road for women in the security industry and how they will contribute in the future.
The college of judges will be comprised of:
· Mike Alexander, ASIS International
· Justin Bentley, International Professional Security Association (IPSA)
· Baroness Ruth Henig, Security Industry Authority (SIA)
· Jeff Little, National Security Inspectorate (NSI)
· Julie Kenny, British Security Industry Association (BSIA)
· Stefan Hay, Fire and Security Association (FSA)
· Di Thomas, The Security Institute
· Nigel Churton, The Worshipful Company of Security Professionals (WCoSP)
· Allan Hildage, The Association of Security Consultants (ASC)
· Lynn Watts-Plumpkin, SSAIB
The deadline for nominations is 20 March 2012. Nominations can be submitted online. (www.professionalsecurity.co.uk).
The ASIS 11th European Security Conference & Exhibition will take place on 15-17 April 2012 in London, UK. It is expected to draw between 500 and 600 senior security executives from all over Europe and the world. The conference will feature:
· Three plenary sessions with high-level keynote speakers
· 44 educational sessions divided over 4 parallel tracks;
Sessions dedicated to Chief Security Officers (CSOs) organised by the CSO Roundtable of ASIS lnternational;
An enlarged exhibition featuring the latest in security technology and services; Unrivalled networking opportunities at the business lunches and networking breaks. Spectacular receptions at the Inner Temple and the House of Lords
Separate tables at lunch have been reserved on 17 April by ASIS for attendees interested in the ASIS Women in Security initiative.
For information about the ASIS 11th European Security Conference & Exhibition and to register please visit
www.asisonline.org/london or contact the ASIS EMEA Bureau at email@example.com or +32 (0)2 645 26 74