A screenshot of Quantum Secure's SAFE for CIV solution.
Photo credit: (Image courtesy Quantum Secure)
Las Vegas, NV (April 10, 2013) – Quantum Secure, the leading provider of enterprise software to manage and streamline security identities, compliance and events across disparate physical security access systems, is introducing their new "SAFE for CIV" software solution at ISC West this year. SAFE for CIV closes the physical identity management gap between PIV and non-PIV badge holders for government agencies, creating one centralized system to manage all identities and providing significant cost savings while maintaining the high security standards of PIV cards.
“With PIV, PIV-I and non-PIV credentialed personnel on-site, government agencies must typically manage disparate credentialing systems for both physical and logical access,” said Ajay Jain, President and CEO, Quantum Secure. “SAFE for CIV leverages PIV-I credential standards without the requirement for cross-certification with the federal bridge, making it faster, easier and less costly for any government agency to locally issue compatible smart cards (CIV cards) for visitors, temporary workers, contractors and others who are ineligible for PIV cards.”
Quantum Secure’s SAFE for CIV software solution enables users to manage the entire lifecycle of CIV cards, cardholders and associated PKI certificates with detailed audit and reporting. The software includes the following features:
• Centralized on-boarding/off-boarding for all temporary personnel that need physical and/or logical access using standardized credentials such as CIV cards
• Automatic identity vetting for all personnel on-boarded for CIV cards
• Generation of user credential certificates through an integrated Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and its underlying Certificate Authority (CA)
• Creation and issuance of CIV smart cards by programming digital identities and one or more PKI certificates onto cards
• Central management of issued CIV cards and their attributes with policies for suspension/revocation
• Automatic provisioning of the CIV card and associated identity into physical security systems and logical directory systems
• Built-in reports on CIV cardholder population, card details and their status
• Support for the credential specification
SAFE for CIV Credential is part of the complete physical identity and access management (PIAM) suite from Quantum Secure. SAFE PIAM Suite allows organizations to centrally manage all types of identities and their physical access, including PIV, PIV-I, CIV and other cardholders and visitors. SAFE PIAM includes pre-defined policies for automating user provisioning and privilege management across disparate PACS based on multiple conditions like user role, cardholder type, location etc. As a result, security practitioners can gain maximum control over their identity population, understand who is accessing what area and why, and minimize risks and ensure compliance with internal and external policies.