Sony Electronics’ Security Systems Division is demonstrating its new Scalable Management Software in Booth #22029, ISC West 2013 . The Windows OS-based server software is designed to seamlessly integrate with Sony network surveillance recorders (NSR) and RealShot Manager advanced (RSM) software to deliver a turnkey surveillance solution. This meets the needs of customers seeking a single, scalable one-brand solution to migrate from standalone/local recording systems.
The management software’s scalability makes this all-in-one surveillance package ideal for businesses with multiple locations such as banks, or retail operations, medical facilities, and school districts. As these organizations grow, the system is designed to expand with it.
“Scalable Management Software/NSR/RSM surveillance package has enterprise-class capabilities integrated into an all-in-one turnkey solution that is both simple and powerful,” said Mark Collett, general manager, Sony Security Systems Division. “The scalability means that large organizations as well as SMB’s can be confident that this flexible, expandable system is right for today and tomorrow.”
Collett added that having a one-brand turnkey solution removes issues typical to multisource systems. Instead of having to pin down the responsible vendor on support issues, one call to Sony brings resolution.
Scalability, Simplicity, Serviceability
- Scalable Management Software is capable of managing a maximum of 1,000 recorders*. This simplifies large NSR/RSM systems because previously, this type of system with 800 Sony cameras had to be divided into two separate systems due to number of camera support limitations. Now, these can be consolidated into one unified system.
- The SMS administrative toolset provided reduces the workload for management. Administrators do not have to master a complicated set of commands to monitor and maintain the system. The “Health-Check” keeps a watch on core functions including recorder performance status, recording errors, network status, or video loss.
- Licensing for Scalable Management Software is based on the number of NSR/RSM recorders and not the number of cameras, simplifying expansion.
- The GUI matches the system’s scalability with the intuitive interface. The directory tree shows the relationship between zones with up to four child windows. However many cameras are installed, administrators can quickly and easily configure and control them.
- Map integration of the camera deployment gives users an immediate understanding of the actual physical geography. Combining that with Virtual Tracker, which automates the display view of adjacent cameras on an event triggered by a specific camera, makes it easy to follow a perpetrator, improving on-the-ground response time for security staff.
*A maximum of 1,000 recorders without alarm activation. The maximum with alarm activation is 100.
The Scalable Management Software is scheduled to be available by Q2 2013 with suggested list pricing to be announced at that time.