The Cable Prowler combines the functions of a high-end cable tester and length measurement tester, with the capability to identify link status, link capability, and PoE detection.
Photo credit: (photo courtesy of T3 Innovation)
Camarillo, Calif., May 16, 2013 — T3 Innovation, a leading provider of advanced handheld test equipment for the cable/telecommunications, datacom/networking, electrical design and maintenance, and residential/CEDIA custom install markets, is proud to introduce the new Cable Prowler cable tester and report management system. Now shipping, The Cable Prowler combines the functions of a high-end cable tester and length measurement tester, with the capability to identify link status, link capability, and PoE detection. All of this in full color and internal memory to save results.
“The Cable Prowler provides full cable testing, displaying wire map, numbered ID remotes, and any faults, including shorts, opens, miswires, split pairs, and reverses,” explained Ron Vogel, T3 Innovation CEO. “It also enables quick identification of a network drops link capability and current link status.”
The full-featured Cable Prowler measures cable length (using TDR technology) and generates tone levels for signal tracing and cable identification on all pairs, a selected pair, or a selected pin. All of this displayed in a full color graphical display for easy viewing in any environment. Cable Prowler also has the ability to name each cable and save all test results. Cable results can be exported to a computer via micro USB cable for record keeping and printing.
Cable Prowler also detects the presence of PoE on the network drop and what class of PoE per IEEE 802.3 af/at with load test for voltage drop. These network tests can also be saved for record keeping.
“The high resolution full color graphical display makes reading the Cable Prowler’s results as easy as it is to operate the unit,” added Vogel. “The Cable Prowler displays wire map in color per TIA-568A/B color codes, and it includes a protective silicone holster and a micro USB connector to export cable and network results, an RJ45 connector and a coax connector.”
Additional Cable Prowler specifications and applications include:
• Detects and reports current link speed and link capabilities for active Ethernet drops up to 1 Gbps
• Link light to identify location on a hub/switch/router port
• Generates selectable tones on selected pins for use with tone tracers
• Stores up to 250 cable or network results with user defined names; view saved cable tests
• Full color graphical wire-mapping
• Ability to define cable names, save cable tests and print ALL results (cable testing & network testing)
• Multilingual (English, French, Spanish)
• Cable Testing and ID: up to 1000 feet (305 meters)
• Split Pair Detection: 3 feet (1meter) to 1,000 feet (305 meters)
• Length Measurement: 0 to 1,500 feet (457 meters), ± (5 percent +1ft)
• Supports eight continuity and ID number remotes (RJ-45)
• Supports 20 RJ-45 and 20 F-connector ID only remotes
• Tests for IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at (PoE Plus) compliant PoE
• Tests for classes and loads cable up to 25.5 watts
• (at class 4) Identifies Mode A or B (pairs with PoE)
• Size: 1.85in H x 3.6in W x 6.8in L (4.7 x 9.15 x 17.3 cm)
• Weight (with 6 x AA batteries): 18ozs. (510 grams)
• MSRP: $529.95
For more information, please visit www.t3innovation.com or call (805) 233-3390.