A screenshot of Brivo's new and improved user interface.
Photo credit: (Image courtesy Brivo)
With the introduction of its new user interface, Brivo further extends its leadership in the cloud-based access control and video space by making it the simplest to use in the industry. The new user interface is so streamlined and intuitive; it nearly eliminates the learning curve and simplifies both system deployment and day-to-day security management.
For the redesign project, Brivo engaged user experience (UX) experts. The team conducted hundreds of hours of interviews with current and prospective users to determine how they worked. They incorporated this information into profiles of user “personas” in order to bring focus to ensuring that the redesigned interface responded to the needs of Brivo’s users. Four main value points were identified via the interviews; time savings, peace of mind, information as an asset and augmenting operational toolsets. This first phase of the user interface update incorporates the key findings from this process and sets the stage for additional enhancements to follow.
Among the new features for Brivo’s new user interface:
• The rich user experience maximizes video and access control management, with all of the convenience of cloud technology:
- Imagine being able to lock down your entire facility in an emergency situation from your tablet from anywhere
- Eliminate the hassle of driving to your facility to allow someone access on nights and weekends by unlocking the door from your desktop or tablet at home. What's more, view live and recorded video of that person to ensure only appropriate people gain access – again, all from the comfort of your home or wherever you are
• Simplified search provides a comprehensive view of your access and video motion events on a timeline display; events are visually represented and prioritized using color coding, intuitive icons and other visual cues:
- Consider a scenario where you need to quickly search on an event - simply enter the approximate time you think the event took place. The system searches for all events 10 minutes before and after to give you a time window of events that may interest you
- All events are displayed on a timeline format making it very intuitive to drill down to any event of interest
- Clearly marked high priority events help you make better, quicker decisions while allowing you to attend to lower priority events as needed
- The camera tiles also indicate clearly the total number of events and their level of importance to guide your focus to appropriate priorities
- Multiple events of the same type are simply rolled up on the timeline to give you a very clean view while providing the option to expand each event at any time
- You will see the search criteria on top at all times, in case you want to modify and re-run the search, saving you the hassle of moving back and forth between screens
• Live View has multiple options to customize your everyday viewing:
- Choose viewing 1, 2, 4 or 6 video tile windows
- Perform operations such as refresh, save a clip locally, delete a camera and go to the home view - all from this screen
- Even unlock a door from this view instead of physically getting up and going to the door
• Landing page is optimized to give you shortcuts of your everyday operations:
- Create a new user, find a user or a card, change passwords and search video from this page itself – again, saving you time navigating through multiple screens.