PITTSBURGH—A new software product from Metis Secure Solutions, LLC provides single-point-of-access emergency control over a wide variety of audio communications and display devices installed at a site—from workstation IP phones and computer screens to building PA speakers and digital signs.
Safety and security leaders can now instantly broadcast actionable alerts and instructions throughout their sites when an emergency strikes, using Metis Secure’s software with their existing communications hardware. Called E-CIM, for Emergency Communications Information Management, the software acts as the brain for a site’s separate audio, visual, and communications systems, unifying and controlling them in a crisis.
“Metis Secure’s E-CIM is an ideal choice for safety and security leaders who want to upgrade their emergency communications while leveraging various types of equipment they already own,” said Mark Kurtzrock, president and CEO, Metis Secure. “A system with E-CIM at the center and your existing hardware as the endpoints is a fast path to highly effective, advanced emergency communications for a facility or campus.”
Powerful, Highly Flexible Software
In a crisis, designated safety and security leaders can access the E-CIM control screen from wherever they are, via internet browser, mobile phone or tablet interface. Within seconds, they can blanket their sites with impossible-to-ignore emergency directives, broadcast simultaneously through multiple communications channels—including audible instructions through IP phone and PA speakers, text instructions displayed on digital signs, phone and computer screens, and whatever other audio and visual systems you have in place.
The E-CIM system significantly improves an organization’s ability to respond to a sudden incident. People can take the appropriate action much more quickly and effectively, because they’re alerted to what’s happening and told what they need to do to secure their areas and protect themselves.
Metis Secure’s E-CIM software provides:
- All-hazards protection—pre-recorded instant alerts, plus on-the spot, incident-specific alerts via text to speech
- Ability to launch emergency alerts and directives throughout a facility or campus from anywhere, on or off-site, via an internet browser or mobile device
- Automated alerts that launch when sensors or data feeds detect a problem
- Email and text notification to designated personnel about facility events
- Ability to tie in panic buttons and/or emergency help stations if two-way communications are needed
- Ability to integrate with other security, life safety, and building systems, including IP video and access control, handheld security radios, and building management systems and devices
- Flexibility to easily expand the system in the future as the organization evolves
The software can be hosted on-premises, off-site via a third party hosting service, or at a third party security operations center.
Metis Secure is selling the E-CIM software exclusively through integrator partners. The company provides comprehensive software set-up and configuration services, as well as ongoing support.
For end users who need redundant communications and two-way, live voice help call capabilities, Metis Secure also offers comprehensive software/hardware solutions, with multi-modal IP Emergency Help Stations.
Metis Secure systems protect large facilities, campuses, and multi-building sites in a variety of sectors—including industrial facilities, college and university campuses, public institutions, commercial office buildings, and public parking garages.