High Power Weather Resistant Paging Horn for Use with 8 Ohm or 25V / 70V Systems
The 300AE paging horn provides a direct voice coil connection for use with 8 ohm paging systems such as Viking models PA-2A, PA-15, HF-3W, DVA-2WA and M2W. Even though its 30 watt rating is greater than these lower power paging amplifiers provide, the 300AE is an excellent choice because it is more efficient than Viking’s smaller 25AE paging horn. In other words, the larger 300AE only needs 1 watt of power to play as loud as 2 watts being driven into the smaller 25AE paging horn.
The 300AE paging horn also provides a built-in step-down transformer for use with 25V or 70V paging systems such as Viking models PA-30 and PA-60. The transformer has a range of power taps that are selectable with a 6 position rotary switch, so that installers are able to independently adjust the volume of each paging horn. These higher voltage paging systems also have the advantage of being able to connect more speakers using lighter gauge wire runs and still have less volume lost in wire resistance.
The 300AE weather resistant design allows for use in outdoor, factory, or warehouse environments. Its larger size and greater frequency response provide greater intelligibility of voice pages and is suitable for background music. The directional design allows the installer to focus the sound cone down aisles and toward work areas. The included mounting hardware provides full adjustment of horizontal and vertical positioning.
Commercial buildings, distribution centers, service/ shop areas, gas stations, indoor/outdoor recreation and sports facilities, transport terminals, etc.
Add additional speakers and coverage area to existing paging systems such as Viking models:
- PA-2A (DOD# 485)
- PA-15 (DOD# 486)
- PA-30 (DOD# 489)
- PA-60 (DOD# 493)
- HF-3W (DOD# 470)
- M2W (DOD# 480)
Add speakers to the DVA-2WA (DOD# 110)
- Large 10 inch diameter horn
- 30 watt power handling
- Direct 8 ohm connection or step-down transformer connection
- Compatible with 25V or 70V paging systems
- Weather resistant rugged gray plastic housing
- Fully adjustable mounting hardware included
- Wide frequency response
- Greater intelligibility of voice pages
- Suitable for background music
- High efficiency
- Power Handling: 30 Watts
- Direct Impedance: 8 Ohms
- 70V Taps: 4W, 8W, 15W, and 30W
- 25V Taps: .5W, 1W, 2W, 4W, 8W, and 15W
- Viking Taps: 1W, 2W, 4W, 8W, 15W, and 30W
- Frequency Response: 300 Hz to 9000 Hz
- Sound Pressure Level: 107dB 1W/1m, 117dB 30W/1m
- Dimensions: 254mm (10”) diameter, 292mm (11.5”) Long
- Shipping Weight: 2.1kg (4.6 lbs)