Indianapolis, IN – (July 17, 2014) – STANLEY Security, a leading provider of access control and integrated security solutions, announces the official launch of the new BEST 40H Visual Indicator Thumb-Turn (VIT) option for its 40H mortise lock series.
Due to recent “lockdown” policy application demand from schools and universities, and designed for a broad range of other commercial and institutional applications, the enhanced option is a visually intuitive, clear and effective thumb-turn that allows users to quickly and easily lock rooms from the interior side of the door. In any emergency or lockdown event, the thumb-turn indicator is simple to use, with bold, color-coded “secured” (red) and “unsecured” (green) visual indication to ensure that the door has been locked correctly and quickly. Additionally, the thumb-turn is non-handed and an aesthetically pleasing complement to a variety of trim styles.
Paired with the BEST 40H mortise lock series, the new BEST 40H Visual Indicator Thumb-Turn option offers a high performance, durable, mechanical solution that can be trusted in emergency lockdown situations. Other features include:
- Increased security: Faculty, administrators and personnel can lock the door quickly and confidently from the inside of the room without going into the hallway.
- Easy to install: Retrofits to existing 40H mortise locks for both right-handed and left-handed doors.
- User-friendly: Intuitive lockdown icons assist in quickly and easily confirming that the room is secure from intruders.
- Flexible: Compatible with various split trim rose sizes and can be ordered as an option with the lock, or purchased as a separate kit for retrofit applicatons.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Available in a wide variety of finishes, and can be matched with existing or new hardware.
“The BEST 40H Visual Indicator Thumb-Turn Option is a robust, cost-effective lockdown security solution that customers can trust,” said Cris Post, Product Manager – BEST Locks and Keys/Cores for STANLEY Security. “In an emergency – whether it’s in a classroom, patient room or critical government facility – locking doors immediately from the inside is a crucial step in protecting children, staff, personnel and assets. For security directors, facility managers and administrators, the 40H VIT option and its evolving features offers an effective and practical solution to begin on a path to comprehensive security. This simple, yet significant, indicator can make a huge difference in situations when every second counts.”
The BEST 40H Visual Indicator Thumb-Turn option for the 40H mortise lock series will be available to order on July 25. For more information, please visit www.STANLEYSecurity.com.
# # #
About STANLEY Security
STANLEY Security, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a provider of integrated security solutions defining the future of the security industry. STANLEY delivers a comprehensive suite of security products, software and integrated systems with a strong emphasis on service. STANLEY is powered by a culture of continuous innovation, providing revolutionary technology and unmatched customer service to commercial, institutional and industrial businesses and organizations. We focus on complete customer transparency and operational excellence in the five customer touchpoints: account management, installation, service, monitoring and billing. STANLEY takes pride in our signature approach to doing business – offering global resources, with a local touch. As one of the world's largest and most comprehensive security providers, we're protecting what's important to you by designing an extensive array of products and solutions that span the entire security spectrum:
- Intrusion, Fire, Access Control and Video Surveillance Systems
- Systems Integration & Vertical Market Solutions
- Automatic Entrance Solutions
- Door Locking Hardware, Closers & Exit Devices
- Master Keyed Systems
- Safe Lock & Vault Solutions
- RTLS Asset Visibility Solutions
- Iris Biometric Identity Authentication Solutions
- UL & Bilingual ULC Monitoring Services
- Real-Time, Online eServices