Indianapolis, IN – (September 24, 2013) – STANLEY Security, a leading provider of access control and integrated security solutions, announces Sargent and Greenleaf’s (S&G) 2740B Electromechanical Combination Lock, the “Bravo” version of S&G’s Model 2740 GSA container lock designed to meet Federal Specification FF-L-2740B. This is the latest federal specification detailing the locking hardware required to secure National Security Information (NSI) and will be available at the ASIS International 59th Annual Seminar and Exhibits (ASIS 2013), September 24-27 in Chicago, IL.
S&G’s 2740B high-security lock is currently pending final approval by the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) for expected inclusion on the organization’s Qualified Product List (QPL) for government agencies and qualified contractors.
The S&G 2740B lock integrates the latest design advances to produce an easy-to-operate electromechanical lock specifically engineered to secure GSA-approved security containers, and includes the following features:
- Familiar left-right-left dialing sequence combined with direct-dial technology for fast, easy access
- Twenty man-hours’ resistance to expert manipulation
- Built-in thermal protection provided by an integral thermal relock component
- Simplified installation process significantly decreases installation time and reduces the likelihood of errors and damage to parts
- Change key for quick, easy combination changing is included with each lock
- Stainless steel lock bolt is strong enough to resist 600 lbs. of force
- Single user and dual control modes of operation are selectable and changeable at any time
- Lock case uses S&G’s Magic Module™ footprint and .461-inch bolt throw for ease of retrofit on existing containers
- Internal batteries allow for a straightforward, robust lock design
- Lock cover is retained on the lock whenever the bolt is retracted
“The 2740B is the workhorse of GSA container protection, designed to be the easiest to install, set up and open, while also eliminating any security concerns regarding electronic cables outside the container,” said Mike Clark, Director of Government Engineering for S&G.
To prepare government agencies and locksmiths for the S&G 2740B high-security lock’s expected inclusion on the GSA’s QPL, S&G will begin accepting orders immediately for Training Locks (p/n 2740-400-TL), marked, “Training Lock not approved to protect U.S. classified material.” S&G will continue to offer for purchase the original Model 2740 lock, GSA-approved to FF-L-2740A. GSA will communicate future U.S. Government policy to the industry concerning any specific timeframe for transition to the locks conforming to FF-L-2740B.
For more information about and a demonstration on S&G’s new 2740B Electromechanical Combination Lock, or any of STANLEY Security’s first-class product offerings, visit the STANLEY Security booth #505 throughout the show, or www.stanleysecurity.com.
(NOTE: This document was reviewed and approved by GSA on 9.20.13.)
# # #
About STANLEY Security
STANLEY Security, a division of Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK), is a provider of integrated security solutions defining the future of the security industry. STANLEY delivers a comprehensive suite of security products, software and integrated systems with a strong emphasis on service. STANLEY is powered by a culture of continuous innovation, providing revolutionary technology and unmatched customer service to commercial, institutional and industrial businesses and organizations. We focus on complete customer transparency and operational excellence in the five customer touchpoints: account management, installation, service, monitoring and billing. STANLEY takes pride in our signature approach to doing business – offering global resources, with a local touch. As one of the world's largest and most comprehensive security providers, we're protecting what's important to you by designing, installing, servicing and monitoring an extensive array of products and solutions that span the entire security spectrum:
- Intrusion, Fire, Access Control and Video Surveillance Systems
- Systems Integration & Vertical Market Solutions
- Automatic Entrance Solutions
- Door Locking Hardware, Closers & Exit Devices
- Master Keyed Systems
- Safe Lock & Vault Solutions
- RTLS Asset Visibility Solutions
- Iris Biometric Identity Authentication Solutions
- UL & Bilingual ULC Monitoring Services
- Real-Time, Online eServices