Salzburg, July 11th, 2013 –As of today, the fourth version of Emsisoft Emergency Kit is available. Popular amongst home users and security professionals alike, the Austrian security specialist‘s powerful software package is freely available to the general public and includes the multi-award winning scanning technology of Emsisoft Anti-Malware. The following features were improved in Emsisoft Emergency Kit 4.0:
• The Malware Cleaning Engine has been extensively reworked. The majority of infections can now be safely removed with minimal risk of damaging critical system files.
• Through extensive restructuring and streamlining of the signature database, update traffic and memory usage was reduced by approximately 80 MB.
• Updates are noticeably faster due to code optimizations, a new and improved update technique and the deployment of a globally distributed network of servers (CDN).
• Even easier to use thanks to the new self-extracting archive version. Thus, it can be started automatically after extraction.
• Emsisoft Removal Guarantee: For cases involving particularly stubborn infections, our professional team is available to offer free assistance to anyone on our forum.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit 4.0 remains portable and can be run directly from a USB stick without installation. It supports all Microsoft operating systems in 32 bit from Windows XP onwards and is fully compatible with 64 bit from Vista onwards. Private usage is free of charge and commercial licenses are available on request. Interested companies can contact Emsisoft directly for a customized quote.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit 4.0 consists of four powerful tools:
• The Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner is the world's only free dual-engine scanner, and draws upon the multi-award winning technology of Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Improvements to the Cleaning Engine ensure that malware removal is more thorough than ever, and can of course be carried out completely free by the user.
• The Emsisoft Commandline Scanner offers all the features of the graphical user interface version while providing experienced users with an extensive set of parameters to check for malware infections via the command line.
• Emsisoft Hijackfree allows you to inspect and manage all active processes, services, drivers, autoruns and open ports and is a valuable tool for the manual removal of malware.
• For particularly stubborn infections Emsisoft Blitzblank allows for the removal of infected files, registry entries and drivers at boot time before Windows loads and existing malware has a chance to activate its self-protection mechanisms.