FOOTHILL RANCH, CA -- Hampton Products International Corp., a leading supplier of security hardware and lighting, today introduced the revolutionary Lynx(tm) technology, a re-keyable locking system with over 1,000,000 key combinations.
Lynx's worldwide-patented locking system makes it possible to reprogram the lock an unlimited number of times. The cylinder is adaptable to a variety of lock hardware, including camlocks, mortise cylinders, entry cylinders and padlocks. The same key can be used in multiple types of locks, unifying security hardware throughout a building or facility.
"This revolutionary new system is ideal for applications that require quick and secure re-keying, such as apartment complexes, vending and gaming and commercial storefronts," commented Hampton's Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Rick Tysdal. "Lynx allows the user to quickly and efficiently re-key their locks without the added expense of hardware replacement."
Another significant feature of Lynx is the ability to use the same key for multiple locks throughout a building or facility. Everything from door entry locks to padlocks can be unified into one, easy-to-use security hardware system.
Manufactured in Italy by the RIELDA Corporation, Lynx is being offered exclusively by Hampton Products International in North America.
"We are privileged to have RIELDA as the manufacturer of this product," commented H. Kim Kelley, Hampton's President and CEO. "They have an outstanding reputation for fine craftsmanship and precision manufacturing. We truly believe there is no finer mechanical locking system on the market today."
Lynx offers the user several outstanding benefits, including:
- A high level of security - the system is pick-resistant and can be instantly re-keyed an unlimited number of times to any one of over 1 million key combinations
- Low-cost of re-keying - Lynx does not require hardware removal or replacement
- Speed and efficiency - a lock can be re-keyed in as little as 5 seconds
- Flexibility - the same key can be used throughout a facility, eliminating the need for multiple keys and hardware
- Systems management - The patented keyway allows Hampton to safeguard the duplication and distribution of the operating keys.
Prices for the new Lynx system, scheduled for release in the Spring of 2005, varies depending on hardware configurations.