June 14, 2017 – SAN JOSE, CA. – Qolsys, a leading provider of security and smart home technology, announced today that the IQ Panel 2 is now available through North American distribution locations after completing an extensive six-month soft launch with more than 200 security dealers serving multiple channels.
"The IQ Panel 2 is the culmination of four years of engineering passion to bring leading-edge innovation to the security market,” says Qolsys CEO Dave Pulling. “The IQ Panel 2 is a realization of Qolsys’ best-in-class technology partnerships with Alarm.com’s Interactive Services Platform, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Chipset, and Google’s Android Operating System.”
“The Alarm.com team has been working closely with Qolsys to tightly integrate our industry leading services with their new hardware technology,” says Dan Kerzner, Chief Product Officer, Alarm.com. “Our shared drive to collectively innovate addresses rapidly changing consumer demands, and supports our service provider partners as they expand their footprint in the smart home and business space.”
The “All-in-One” IQ Panel 2 is an elegant, modern, tablet-like panel with a 7” HD capacitive touchscreen delivering upgraded features and functionality with an intuitive swipe based user interface, LTE and Wi-Fi dual path connectivity, 5MP panel camera and Z-Wave Plus. Building on these industry firsts, Qolsys continues to innovate with proprietary encrypted sensor technology and built in applications such as Bluetooth Touchless Disarming, remote diagnostic tools and glass break detection.
“The IQ Panel 2 demonstrates our product design principle that every feature should decrease costs such as install time, training, truck rolls and attrition while increasing end user engagement and satisfaction,” says Pulling. "A perfect example is our Bluetooth Touchless Disarming which allows up to five authenticated smartphones to automatically disarm the security system as the user approaches the home. Dealers love this feature as it increases usage and satisfaction. End users are using their system more by using it less.”
“Including Z-Wave technology in the IQ Panel 2 will provide those seeking a smart, secure home with a comprehensive ecosystem of compatible Z-Wave devices,” says Mitchell Klein, Executive Director of the Z-Wave Alliance. “Z-Wave is one of the most secure and diverse technology ecosystems on the market today and the IQ Panel 2 is an excellent addition.”
The IQ Panel 2 implements end-to-end encryption, including cloud token authentication, the exclusive encrypted Qolsys S-Line sensors with backward compatibility to the standard 319.5 Mhz frequency, Z-Wave Plus by Sigma Designs, and groundbreaking Dual Path communication over cellular and Wi-Fi.
The IQ Panel 2 is available today, visit www.qolsys.com to learn more about the product and where to buy it.
The All-in-One IQ Panel 2’s state-of-the-art features include:
- Software updates to add new features and improve the experience for dealers and end users
- Integrated 5MP HD panel camera that sends disarm photos to end user devices and captures alarm videos.
- Touchless Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 4.0 supports secure, hands-free disarming of the panel, enabling the smartphone to replace the key fob, which increases system use and lowers attrition.
- Innovative built-in glass break sensor application uses the panel’s high-fidelity microphones to protect against intrusion and save cost.
- Best in class tools for the installation technician, including features to dramatically reduce installation time and truck rolls
- Native diagnostics for troubleshooting, pairing and assessing performance of Z-Wave and home automation equipment including a visual on-screen topology of the Z-Wave network
- Virtually every panel setting accessible for remote account set-up and troubleshooting
- Support for Z-Wave devices include lights, locks, thermostats, garage door openers, and many more, utilizing a dynamic swipe & scroll-based user interface
- Multiple languages on a single SKU.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad Core Processor, a fully integrated System on a Chip, features:
- Native LTE cellular support for all major cellular carriers.
- Native Wi-Fi 802.11ac – Supports up to 350 Mbps speeds over both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz channels.
- Integrated Qualcomm® Adreno™ 306 GPU – For advanced graphics and HD display.
- SE Android 5.1.1 Operating System – Includes a token-based file system and superior secure cloud connectivity. Enables Qolsys to develop highly advanced applications and scale them to be updated and delivered over Wi-Fi without the need for dealer service calls.
- Alarm.com Interactive Security:
- Integrated services enable control and management of the IQ Panel 2 through Alarm.com’s family of mobile apps, along with voice control and intelligent automation features across a diverse ecosystem of connected devices.
- Dedicated cellular connection on Verizon’s and AT&T’s super-fast LTE networks, delivering reliable and secure communications.
- Includes Dual Path connectivity that intelligently routes data over cellular and Wi-Fi connections for speed and redundancy.
- Alarm.com’s Growth & Productivity Services for security service providers enable seamless installation through the exclusive Remote Toolkit and MobileTech, including remote troubleshooting, and enhanced support to ensure optimal system performance.
- Clean, intuitive graphical user interface with swipe-based capability familiar to any smartphone and tablet user.
- Four encrypted radio card slots provide configuration flexibility, including:
- SRF (Security Radio Frequency) – Supports up to 128 encrypted Qolsys S-Line sensors, as well as legacy 319.5 MHz sensors.
- Z-Wave Plus – For performance, reliability and with always-on encryption for up to 128 Z-wave devices.
- Alarm.com Image Sensor – Support for up to 5 Image Sensors, Alarm.com’s exclusive PIR motion sensor with a built in still camera.
- The IQ Panel 2 has a robust roadmap of potential feature improvements to be added with upcoming software updates:
- Support for up to three secondary IQ Remote touchpads for extension to other areas of the home.
- Using the panel camera as a motion detector.
- Enabling remote access to the built-in private network supporting Wi-Fi devices (video cameras and video doorbells) mitigating the dependency on the home router, which improves installation quality and time and reduces future truck rolls to troubleshoot common issues.
- PowerG – Tyco’s leading military-grade wireless encryption technology with frequency hopping that enables superior range, stronger immunity from radio frequency interference and better overall security system reliability.